zulu

I just copied my entire music archive (20GB) to a 40GB iUSB external HD
One folder (labelled G) is corrupt.
I cannot open it.
The popup says it's empty...
When I try to delete it says *Cannot delete G, the directory is not empty.
Now what?
I checked the original folder, and there_was_ a corrupt file in it, some of
which I repaired ok with *quickpar*, I then deleted the remainder. I now
want to copy this file to replace the corrupt one in the USB HD.

--
¦ zulu ¦
Dell Dimension XPS-T700r, 512 MB RAM, XP Pro. SP2, 21" CRT 1024x768

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I just copied my entire music archive (20GB) to a 40GB iUSB external HD
>One folder (labelled G) is corrupt.
>I cannot open it.
>The popup says it's empty...
>When I try to delete it says *Cannot delete G, the directory is not empty.
>Now what?

If possible, move all the data from the external disk to the HDD, then
format the external disk and move the data back.

--
(tm)

zulu

Yes, that was the only remedy that *I* could think of!
It seemed a bit *sledgehammer to crack a walnut* though...
Ho well, I had better bite the bullet and do it then.
TYVM for your reply :)

--
¦ zulu ¦

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>I just copied my entire music archive (20GB) to a 40GB iUSB external HD
>>One folder (labelled G) is corrupt.
>>I cannot open it.
>>The popup says it's empty...
>>When I try to delete it says *Cannot delete G, the directory is not empty.
>>Now what?
>
> If possible, move all the data from the external disk to the HDD, then
> format the external disk and move the data back.
>
> --
> (tm)

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Yes, that was the only remedy that *I* could think of!
>It seemed a bit *sledgehammer to crack a walnut* though...
>Ho well, I had better bite the bullet and do it then.
>TYVM for your reply :)

You are welcome.

--
(tm)