Is GeForce 210 bottlenecking a 960T?

elfwind

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hi,

I have a 960T paired with a GeForce 210. Initially was paired with a 450GTS, but as the computer is no longer used for graphics or games, just daily use I do not see the benefits of running a powerful GPU on it.
Now it tends to run sluggish and takes a lot of time to open anything. Does this anything to do with the GPU, or the problem rests somewhere else?
I use it now just for browsing and using MS Office.

Solution
Nope, your computer uses the CPU for quite a lot of 2D rendering, so a Graphics accelerator doesn't really affect daily 2D programs. 3D programs like game SDK's are affected however.

UnlimitedBanana

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Have you cleaned out the Heatsink of the CPU? If it's dirty just take the fan off and then suck it up with a vacuum cleaner. If you've done that and it's still sluggish, Defragment your Hard Drive, that usually lowers loading times and startup times. If it's not that either, then check the motherboard with another AM3 Chip to see if it's working fine. As a last resort, test the PSU with another rig, it might be dyeing and not delivering enough power to the components.