Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

CPU heat problem

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Cooler Master
Last response: in CPUs
September 13, 2012 2:33:18 PM

So I've had this Cooler Master Hyper 212 for a bit, and I absolutely love it. Well I just built a new system using a 3570K and of course popped it on, with it. When it's idle/chillin', it hangs around low 30s, sometimes a bit higher depending how hot the room it.

However, I notice running OCCT it basically instantly shoots to 60, and goes from 60-70. This is under a full load - I haven't really played with it more than a few minutes to know if it continues growing or not. But the second I remove the 100% Load, it drops 15 degrees instantly again. I'm trying to see if this is legit, or if something is wrong with the temp scale or...

*** On the Hyper 212, I don't have the fans attached to it. On my original mobo it was too close to the top/back fan for me to attach it. I want to attach ATLEAST one fan, preferably a push/pull system but I don't know how to get the fans to stick to the heatsink without those plastic 'clips' it came with. Anyone know if I can buy some more somewhere without buying a new Heatsink?

More about : cpu heat problem

a c 193 à CPUs
September 13, 2012 3:50:16 PM

This sounds about right for a the Intel® Core™ i5-3570K and the Cooler Master 212 without a fan and in a case with good air flow. You may see temperatures into the 70s if you are running Prime95 or LinX and if you started to overclock without you would run into heat issues really quick.

I would say with 1 fan you should be find OCing the Intel Core i5-3570K up to maybe 4.1GHz to 4.3GHz as long you didnt change the voltage. Once you start to increase the voltage the Intel Core i5-3570K can get hot quick.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 13, 2012 4:05:31 PM

Ebay or Coolermaster
m
l