Sign in with
Your question

Have you got one

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 22, 2012 3:50:54 PM

Ok I did a post below about a new graphics card (GTX570) yesterday and got lots of response thanks. Ok I,ve considerd all the cards below(listed below in my fist post) and as say Asus sags, MSI TF3 has brown PCB and EVGA (HD) has just one fan so have concerns about noise and heat. What do people think of the ............

1280MB Gainward GTX 570 Phantom, 40nm, 1950MHz GDDR5, GPU 750MHz, Shader 1600MHz, 480 Cores, DP/HDMI

Has anyone got one of these ? As I'm drawn towards this card now after considering the others........ What do you think of it in the way of noise and heat ? I don't over clock my graphics card or my CPU as wouldn't have a clue how lol As I mention below/other post I DON'T do any gaming it’s just for general use and mainley some video and photo editing. It is the most expensive of all the listed below at £257 at Scan £17 odd more than the others but if it dose what I want then no problem.

(Yes I know the set up may be over kill but I wanted a nice comp) The comp is on a lot of hours a day around 12 plus hours a day my main considerations are heat and noise. I will be running TWO Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS 24" monitors

Ok I have a new set up and just the graphics card left to buy its deff going to be a Nvidia 570 DID have it all my set up sorted (with advice from people on here)

But the one I had decided on the Asus 1280MB GeForce GTX 570 DirectCU II ..Great cooling and low noise looks great and black so matched my powder coated case interior. BUT having read this card weighs so much it sags. .......DAM.DAM DAM so what would people recommend?????? My set up use follows.......

I DON'T do any gaming it’s just for general use and some video and photo editing (Yes I know the set up may be over kill but I wanted a nice comp) The comp is on a lot of hours a day around 12 plus hours a day my main considerations are heat and noise. I will be running TWO Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS 24" monitors

I have all so considered the following cards the MSI would have been great buy why they do a BROWN PCB YUCK

1280MB EVGA GTX 570 HD Superclocked, 40nm, 3900MHz GDDR5, GPU 797MHz, Shader 1594MHz, 480 Cores

1280MB MSI Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC - 1280MB MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC, 40nm, 4000MHz GDDR5, GPU 770MHz, Shader 1540MHz (shame about the brown PCB)

1280MB Gainward GTX 570 Phantom, 40nm, 1950MHz GDDR5, GPU 750MHz, Shader 1600MHz, 480 Cores, DP/HDMI

MY NEW SET UP
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3930K
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS Edition (for operating system)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB times two for storage
16GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance LP PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 8-8-8-24, XMP, 1.5V
Corsair H80 Hydro
Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850w psu
Coolermaster SlickleFLow Blue LED Quiet Case Fan 120mm times five
two times LG blue ray burner drives
Cooler Master Cosmos 1100 sport
Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS 24" monitors x two

More about : question

March 22, 2012 4:11:01 PM

Should add as well I have been told
The graphics cards I was looking at below have problems burn out coss

"Gigabyte 570 OC Windorce 3x and MSI 570 TwinFrozr II both use the reference PCB design with 6 phase VRM (4 for GPU and 2 for memory). They simply put a custom cooler on top. MSI cards have similar incidents reported"

EVGA 1280MB GeForce GTX 570 HD Superclocked NVIDIA Graphics Card
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/128 [...] -plusfree-
MSI 1280MB GeForce GTX 570 Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC NVIDIA Graphics Card
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/128 [...] 40mhz-plus

Have been told I need a 8 Phase design
Gainward 570 Phantom, Gainward 570 GS, Palit 570 Sonic Platinum and the Asus GTX570 DirectCU II all have 8 phase VRMs were all sugested.......

Have all so read
"They all use the same gpu, its overclock potential your paying for when you go with one of the higher end cards. Aside from customer service and things like that, you can nearly just pick the one that looks best to you. Only thing is i have heard some stories of unstable gigabyte cards on their super overclocked cards, but keep in mind any manufacturer can have a faulty new product but with them you see it more."
a b U Graphics card
March 22, 2012 4:21:32 PM

Do people regularly tell you that you talk a lot?

Personally with the GTX6XX series arriving, I'd get one of those instead.

Dang I'm out of breath.
March 22, 2012 4:35:23 PM

LOl yes chap is a lot there but just trying to get it right spending £2000 odd on this build.

people can onley help me if I give them as much info as poss to what I want/ My needs ...... are you on about this GTX680 that was out yesterday ? Isnt that loads more expensive ? Remember I'm not a gammer its Video and photo editing on two moniters all ready been told the GTX570 is over kill for my needs
Related resources
!