Multiple Monitors

richard47

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Hello,
Could anyone please let me know the best way to add more monitors to my system? I have heard that Matrox Triple Head to Go is a good one. Thanks

richard47

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Hello,
Could anyone please let me know the best way to add more monitors to my system? I have heard that Matrox Triple Head to Go is a good one. Thanks

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
maybe if you tell what your system is
any way, most vid cards support 2 monitors, more expensive 3,
depending on system you can add any amount,

Wyered1

Feb 27, 2012
Hello,

Never used Triple Head to Go, but I've also heard it's a good solution as long as you won't be gaming or anything on it. I'd probably still recommend you get a video card instead unless we are talking a laptop or something here. I think there are very limited resolution options to the Matrox solution.

If you only want to use this as a workstation, the Triple Head to Go probably WILL work, but I don't think it would be called the BEST solution. If you have a desktop, you can pick up a GPU really cheaply to power 3 or 4 monitors from one card and I don't think it will even cost more than the Matrox solution [But I haven't looked up the price on that unit].

Tell me what you want to do on the system, how many monitors, and what resolutions, and your current system specs and I'll reccomend a specific card or option for you.

richard47

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
I5 Quadcore with a 1GB AMD Radeon HD6850 grahics card. It does support 2 monitors as I have them already. An adapter would then give me one more monitor I'm told. But I need a couple more.

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
it would depend on your motherboard, if you got slots you pretty much can put any video card and add 2 more monitors

how many you need anyway?