Multiple Monitors

Hello,
Could anyone please let me know the best way to add more monitors to my system? I have heard that Matrox Triple Head to Go is a good one. Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about multiple monitors
  1. Hello,
    Could anyone please let me know the best way to add more monitors to my system? I have heard that Matrox Triple Head to Go is a good one. Thanks
  2. maybe if you tell what your system is
    any way, most vid cards support 2 monitors, more expensive 3,
    depending on system you can add any amount,
  3. What exactly are you trying to configure? Number of monitors? Split screen vs duplicate? etc.
  4. Quote:
    Hello,

Never used Triple Head to Go, but I've also heard it's a good solution as long as you won't be gaming or anything on it. I'd probably still recommend you get a video card instead unless we are talking a laptop or something here. I think there are very limited resolution options to the Matrox solution.

If you only want to use this as a workstation, the Triple Head to Go probably WILL work, but I don't think it would be called the BEST solution. If you have a desktop, you can pick up a GPU really cheaply to power 3 or 4 monitors from one card and I don't think it will even cost more than the Matrox solution [But I haven't looked up the price on that unit].

Tell me what you want to do on the system, how many monitors, and what resolutions, and your current system specs and I'll reccomend a specific card or option for you.
  5. I5 Quadcore with a 1GB AMD Radeon HD6850 grahics card. It does support 2 monitors as I have them already. An adapter would then give me one more monitor I'm told. But I need a couple more.
  6. The 6850 will run triple monitors using the DVI ports and the DisplayPort. If you don't have a DP monitor, you can purchase an ACTIVE adapter from XFX on newegg for cheap.
  7. it would depend on your motherboard, if you got slots you pretty much can put any video card and add 2 more monitors

how many you need anyway?
  8. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Multiple Monitors
Ask a new question

Read More

Matrox Monitors Graphics