Sign in with
Your question

Gaming PC for Diablo 3

Last response: in Systems
May 23, 2012 11:16:03 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: This weekend

Budget Range: $1,000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Watching Movies (not blu-ray quality), General web-surfing

Parts Not Required: Monitor. Asus VS248H

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: pccasegear.com

Parts Preferences: No Preference

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: Run the game smoothly (would like to run max settings) and quite PC.

Hello, i am a first time builder and have not used a PC for 7-8 years now. I've been using my second Macbook Pro for almost 5 years now and have been in the market to buy a new laptop but with the release of Diablo 3 i have decided to build a new pc this weekend (Hopefully I'll finish over the weekend :) 

I've done a fair bit of research and have list of items that I am thinking of.

First off I would like to mention I currently have a monitor ASUS VS248 which I bought two months ago for my PS3.
http://www.asus.com.au/Display/LCD_Monitors/VS248H/#spe...

I would like to run 1920 x 1080 on max settings if possible.

Here's the list I have configured so far mostly undecided with the GPU.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
RAM : G.SKILL ARES 2X4 F3 160 CAD-8GAO
PSU : ANTEC NEO ECO 520C 520W
HDD: SEAGATE 1TB BARRACUDA ($99) OR WD BLACK CAVIAR 1TB ($130) (WORTH THE PRICE TAG?)
CPU: I5 2400 ($215) OR I2500 ($219)
CASE: COOLER MASTER CASE
GPU: I'M THINING OF OUT OF THESE THREE - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 1GB Overclock ($175) // Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 1GB Overclocked ($159) // Gigabyte Radeon HD7770 1GB Overclocked ($159) I don't necessarily prefer GB brand, please recommend other brands if they are better.

Also, I have heard a lot of good things about 7850 series, but I simply do not think it will be worth it for me as I won't be playing any graphic-heavy games like BF3. But I want my PC to run on max settings with the monitor I currently have.
Will this PC run D3 smoothly without any choppiness?

In addition, I found this benchmarks for Diablo 3 but I am not quite sure how to interpret this does this mean it will run smoothly if its over 60fps?
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performa...

Thanks in advance.

More about : gaming diablo

May 23, 2012 11:29:23 AM

I've been playing D3 on a HP Pavillion dv7 laptop if that helps with graphics set to high. works great.
May 23, 2012 12:22:10 PM

tribeqa said:
Approximate Purchase Date: This weekend

Budget Range: $1,000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Watching Movies (not blu-ray quality), General web-surfing

Parts Not Required: Monitor. Asus VS248H

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: pccasegear.com

Parts Preferences: No Preference

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: Run the game smoothly (would like to run max settings) and quite PC.

Hello, i am a first time builder and have not used a PC for 7-8 years now. I've been using my second Macbook Pro for almost 5 years now and have been in the market to buy a new laptop but with the release of Diablo 3 i have decided to build a new pc this weekend (Hopefully I'll finish over the weekend :) 

I've done a fair bit of research and have list of items that I am thinking of.

First off I would like to mention I currently have a monitor ASUS VS248 which I bought two months ago for my PS3.
http://www.asus.com.au/Display/LCD_Monitors/VS248H/#spe...

I would like to run 1920 x 1080 on max settings if possible.

Here's the list I have configured so far mostly undecided with the GPU.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
RAM : G.SKILL ARES 2X4 F3 160 CAD-8GAO
PSU : ANTEC NEO ECO 520C 520W
HDD: SEAGATE 1TB BARRACUDA ($99) OR WD BLACK CAVIAR 1TB ($130) (WORTH THE PRICE TAG?)
CPU: I5 2400 ($215) OR I2500 ($219)
CASE: COOLER MASTER CASE
GPU: I'M THINING OF OUT OF THESE THREE - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 1GB Overclock ($175) // Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 1GB Overclocked ($159) // Gigabyte Radeon HD7770 1GB Overclocked ($159) I don't necessarily prefer GB brand, please recommend other brands if they are better.

Also, I have heard a lot of good things about 7850 series, but I simply do not think it will be worth it for me as I won't be playing any graphic-heavy games like BF3. But I want my PC to run on max settings with the monitor I currently have.
Will this PC run D3 smoothly without any choppiness?

In addition, I found this benchmarks for Diablo 3 but I am not quite sure how to interpret this does this mean it will run smoothly if its over 60fps?
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performa...

Thanks in advance.

All looks good but I recommend this gpu...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
May 24, 2012 12:05:38 AM

tribeqa said:
could you please explain the reason for this suggestion?

It's the best card for the money if you ask me and it will allow you to play some other games if you ever choose to very well. And xfx dd is amazing cooling.
!