PROCESSOR - Intel Core i5-3450
MOTHERBOARD - Asus P8Z77
HARD DRIVE - 1.0TB WD Blue
RAM/MEMORY - Kingston Hyper 8gb
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA GT 430
POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic12II Bronze 620W
OPTICAL DRIVE - Lite-On 24x IHAS-524
CHASIS - CoolerMaster Elite 431 Plus
I will change the GPU in a year im waiting for newer and cheaper models of Nvidia cards

More about : build future proof

May 23, 2012 11:40:29 AM

For spreadsheets maybe, a gaming PC that is not even by modern standards.

CPU: You'l want a i5-3570k, as you can overclock that, so more performance out of it.

Motherboard: Z77 is as best as you can get without going overboard to an X79, so all good there.

HDD: Decent

RAM: Would invest in a better brand, Corsair Vengeance or G.Skills are the current favourites.

GPU: I dont see that thing powering old games, much better GPU needed. Theres no point waiting for prices to drop, by the time they do, there will be a new card out that you'l wait for instead. and the cycle repeats. Better off getting a good card and not having to make do with the 430.

PSU: To truly future proof here you'd want a reliable 750W. This will allow dual SLI/Crossfire and misc (fans, HDDs, Network cards, etc) upgrades to the PC.

Optical: Dont spend much here, discs are rarely used anymore. Most people get them because the OS comes on a disc and some games still.

Chassis: that will fare you well, though there are better.
m
l
May 23, 2012 12:05:12 PM

1 go with i5 3570k
2 get the seagate barracuda 1tb with 64mb of cache. its faster
3 you will need a set of ram that is 1.5v. a good set are some mushkin enhanced blackline or crucial ballistix sport
m
l
May 23, 2012 12:06:07 PM

the power supply is decent. it will handle sli no problem. just make sure you get the modular ersion
m
l
!