Email pics on Nokia 6600

Last response: in Brands
May 26, 2004 10:20:44 PM

G'day,

I'm seriously thinking about switching to this phone and simply need one
question answered. Can one attach pictures taken with this phone using its
email functionality?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

More about : email pics nokia 6600

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 2:25:22 AM

On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:20:44 +0100, "williamw" <williamw@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>G'day,
>
>I'm seriously thinking about switching to this phone and simply need one
>question answered. Can one attach pictures taken with this phone using its
>email functionality?
>
>Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Cheers,

Yes with NO software, I use GSM for my e mail account and send
pictures all the time with it
--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 3:16:13 AM

"williamw" <williamw@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
> G'day,
>
> I'm seriously thinking about switching to this phone and simply need one
> question answered. Can one attach pictures taken with this phone using its
> email functionality?

Yes, with additional software. Take a look in f.e. www.handango.com to see
how much software excist for the 6600. Look at emailviewer:
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteI...
May 27, 2004 4:36:58 AM

NO problems at all. I use the 6600 constantly to collect e-mails, and delete
spam before it "hits" my pc.

Also any "photographic evidence" that needs to be mailed in an instant is
sent from the handset, using either the on board camera application or
"Photographer" application (it has a few enhancements over and above the
onboard Nokia app)

Good luck, and enjoy

"williamw" <williamw@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> G'day,
>
> I'm seriously thinking about switching to this phone and simply need one
> question answered. Can one attach pictures taken with this phone using its
> email functionality?
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,

May 27, 2004 8:40:01 PM

YES YOU CAN.

There are 2 ways:

The quick way that i use is to take a pic then select send via
multimedia.
it will load the pic onto your screen and you can type any text you
want below the pic.
then just type THE EMAIL ADDRESS in where you would type the phone
number and press send.

if like me you have email addresses stored within your contact list you
can just select the contact to send it to.

The other way is 2 set up pop3 email on your phone so you can send and
recieve email by dialling into your provider.

(i find the first way quicker and if your away on holiday its a lot
cheaper)

THE BLACKPANTHER
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 4:37:20 AM

"Speaking about photographs"

How do you guys find the quality of the 6600 picture files? (taken with the
camera). Had a 3650, and compared to the 6600 the 3650 pictures seem of
better quality, which is more noticeable when zooming in.

What do you guys find??

Cheers

"williamw" <williamw@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> G'day,
>
> I'm seriously thinking about switching to this phone and simply need one
> question answered. Can one attach pictures taken with this phone using its
> email functionality?
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,

May 28, 2004 7:40:21 AM

> "Speaking about photographs"
>
> How do you guys find the quality of the 6600 picture files? (taken with the
> camera). Had a 3650, and compared to the 6600 the 3650 pictures seem of
> better quality, which is more noticeable when zooming in.
>
> What do you guys find??

Go onto your camera (as if your gonna take a pic)
left button (options) go to settings, select HIGH Q.

the pic's on the 6600 are better than the 3650 or 7650.
I did a test with my mates some time ago where we held all 3 phones together and took a pic of the same thing.
There wasn't much in it with the 3650 & 6600 apart from the pic from the 6600 had better colour (ie more colour)
You could only tell when you put them on a PC to look at them.

THE BLACKPANTHER
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 3:34:03 AM

Cheers for you feedback, BP. Wonder if anyone else out there can give some
feedback. I am SURE that the 3650 images are "sharper", after running a
quick test (like you suggested) a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's just my
6600??

Running 4.09.01 by the way (and EAGERLY await the software to sort out the
bluetooth (audio) channel (6600 does not go into "sniff mode" when used with
BT headset. A KNOWN factor by Nokia) :-(

Cheers m8..

Anyone else got any comments on the image quality??

"Blackpanther" <noaddress@spamfree.co.uk> wrote in message

> > "Speaking about photographs"
> >
> > How do you guys find the quality of the 6600 picture files? (taken with
the
> > camera). Had a 3650, and compared to the 6600 the 3650 pictures seem of
> > better quality, which is more noticeable when zooming in.
> >
> > What do you guys find??
>

> Go onto your camera (as if your gonna take a pic)
> left button (options) go to settings, select HIGH Q.
>
> the pic's on the 6600 are better than the 3650 or 7650.
> I did a test with my mates some time ago where we held all 3 phones
together and took a pic of the same thing.
> There wasn't much in it with the 3650 & 6600 apart from the pic from the
6600 had better colour (ie more colour)
> You could only tell when you put them on a PC to look at them.
>

> THE BLACKPANTHER

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 11:28:39 PM

> YES YOU CAN.
>
> There are 2 ways:
>
> The quick way that i use is to take a pic then select send via
> multimedia.
> it will load the pic onto your screen and you can type any text you
> want below the pic.
> then just type THE EMAIL ADDRESS in where you would type the phone
> number and press send.

Is there a way to set a subject using this method? I switched from a t610
to a 6600 recently, and post a lot of pictures to a picture blog site. The
subject is the caption for the picture. It has to be sent via the carrier's
MMS and on the t610 I could set a subject. On the 6600 I can't figure out a
way.

I tried to send via email through the default smtp server on the phone,
which is myemail.t-mobile.com and it failed to send (didn't say why, just
check settings).
May 31, 2004 8:04:36 PM

> Is there a way to set a subject using this method? I switched from a t610
> to a 6600 recently, and post a lot of pictures to a picture blog site. The
> subject is the caption for the picture. It has to be sent via the carrier's
> MMS and on the t610 I could set a subject. On the 6600 I can't figure out a
> way.
>
> I tried to send via email through the default smtp server on the phone,
> which is myemail.t-mobile.com and it failed to send (didn't say why, just
> check settings).

No, i dont think you can put a subject in when sending email via MMS.

As for your POP email many people find it hard to set up.
Its quite easy, its the same as a dial up connection on a pc.

You need a POP account (i use freenet) then in your connection settins create a new connection.
Enter the phone number to dial (mine's an 0845 ******** number) login name & P/W.
then you need to set up the email account, enter your email address & login name etc,
Now tell it to use the connection you have just set up.

When you go to your email it should ask if you want to connect, press yes and it should dial the number and download/send your email.

I only use this way in the UK, when im away it cost's 2 much hence i use MMS.

THE BLACKPANTHER
!