ps3's graphics are better than xbox360's

PopWarWigOut

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
ru seriuos, you think the ps3's graphics are inferior to xbox360's!!!!!! ok, first off, xbox is using an ati R... somehting, which is equal to the X1800Xl platinum, which is nice, ok, but the ps3 is using the brand new nv71 chip, which is better than teh 7900gtx superclocked!!!!!!!! the 7900gtx superclocked runs on an nv70 chip, so the ps3 chip is super advanced, and runs on the ibm "cell" processor, which is a graphically great processor, and super fast!, the only thing the xbox360 beats the ps3 in, is that it has more memory, the ps3 runs 256mb of ddr4 ram, while xbox360 runs 512mb of ddr3. i still like ps3, who cares if its $600 usd, i mean, i probly payed $600 usd on my computer in hardware and software in the past year!
xbox360 is a good deal, but i'd still rather get hte ps3, because i've seen the xbox360's graphcal power, and i've seen the ps3's (my cousin went to E3, and took video footage of it with his high-def sony handy cam) and i think the ps3's graphics still look way better, and it has the tilt sensor technology in the controller, which is really cool, and it uses high-def optical cables for the audio and video if you dont wana use the component cables, and i have the optical ports on my setup, and i cant wait to get mine (pre-order)

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
STFU you stupid noob.

<3

seriously this is a Computer Forums so 1/2 of us couldnt give a shit about it....consoles suck there supposed to be cheaper but now there the same almost after games and there outdated with in 2-3 months and hmm my PC can run both games from both consoles because there all porting now.
So i got a Xbox360 Ps3 and everything else i want it to do...

PC GAMER 4 LIFE :D

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
I assume you're talking to the noob rather then me, no?
Of course. Its sad how uninformed the general public is. Hey buddy the 360's gfx chip is generation ahead of a 7900GT, yet was launched a year earlier(if the ps3 even launched this year which i'm having my doubts about) Chew on that.

bunkgoats

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
If you’re going to waste our time with a useless post, please have the decency to use good grammar and spelling. We can process the post faster and move on to more compelling subject matter.

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
ru seriuos, you think the ps3's graphics are inferior to xbox360's!!!!!! ok, first off, xbox is using an ati R... somehting, which is equal to the X1800Xl platinum, which is nice, ok, but the ps3 is using the brand new nv71 chip, which is better than teh 7900gtx superclocked!!!!!!!! the 7900gtx superclocked runs on an nv70 chip, so the ps3 chip is super advanced, and runs on the ibm "cell" processor, which is a graphically great processor, and super fast!, the only thing the xbox360 beats the ps3 in, is that it has more memory, the ps3 runs 256mb of ddr4 ram, while xbox360 runs 512mb of ddr3. i still like ps3, who cares if its $600 usd, i mean, i probly payed $600 usd on my computer in hardware and software in the past year!
xbox360 is a good deal, but i'd still rather get hte ps3, because i've seen the xbox360's graphcal power, and i've seen the ps3's (my cousin went to E3, and took video footage of it with his high-def sony handy cam) and i think the ps3's graphics still look way better, and it has the tilt sensor technology in the controller, which is really cool, and it uses high-def optical cables for the audio and video if you dont wana use the component cables, and i have the optical ports on my setup, and i cant wait to get mine (pre-order)

Hey! this is CPU forum not of consoles or graphics!!!! so mind your next post! and please try to make your post informative like this one! :D

hatsurfer

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Oh Yea,

Well, my cousin went to your mommies house when your daddy wasn't home, and took video footage of it with his high-def sony handy cam.

You don't want to know about the graphics we saw....

and O yes wer serious

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006

ehem...
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p3.html

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
ehem...
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p3.html
Try to do your best in not posting meaningless hype numbers, those numbers don't mean shi7. Oh and PopWar, you have a pretty nice CPU there, I bet it smashes Conroe. Besides, XBOX360 pwns you. LOLWTFNOOB!!!!!!1111onene

S7A88Y

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
Okay noob, heres a litle know fact...

A 7900GT IS MORE ADVANCED THEN THE NV71!

THE CELL PROCESSOR IS BETTER THAN THE THREE PROCESSORS IN THE 360, BUT THE 360 HAS ENOUGH POWER AT A LOWER PRICE. THE CELL IS OVERKILL FOR THIS GEN, MABEY IF SONY HAD A NV80 IT WOULD WIN BUT XBOX WINS THIS ROUND IN PREFORMANCE.

THE 360 HAS A DX10 CARD IN IT

BLUERAYS ONLY USE IS FOR HD MOVIES, A PH-DVD WOULD DO BETTER IN PRICE AND STORAGE.

OVER ALL XBOX 360 WINS BECAUSE OF PRICE PREFORMANCE RATIO, IT IS FOCUSED ON GAMING SO IT WINS

I hope you learned somthing little sony noob.

AwsmGy

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Good graphics isn't what makes a game good. Who really cares what's inside them, what matters is the games they're going to make.

S7A88Y

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
I agree, but a good price/preformance ratio is necissary. you can not tell me that you would play a game that looked terrible and locked up all the time just because it had the best gameplay ever.

I addition to that the 360 has the following:

Halo 3
Gears of War
Call of Duty 2
Saints Row
GTA 4
Splinter Cell

plus SM 4.0 and old XBOX games

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006

In the slightly altered words of Apu, "Thank you please don't come again."

1) Xbox360s GPU is equivalent or better than X1900 since it uses unified shader architecture which is what DX10 cards will have. Has the same number of shader units though.
2) PS3s GPU is same chip as 7900 series. And its gonna run at 550MHz so its clocks are much lower than that of the 7900GTX.
3) Both systems have 512MB of RAM. Xbox360 just has all the memory as system memory and is GDDR3 while the PS3 splits its memory into two halves. 256MB is GDDR3 and 256MB is XDR but both the CPU and GPU have access to all 512MB if needed.
4) You can do optical audio connection with Xbox360 as well as the original Xbox. HDMI is only there for it attempting to be a low cost Bluray player.
5) The tilt feature on the PS3 controller is pretty much only there because A) they didn't want Nintendo to show them up and B) they didn't want to pay royalties for the dual shock technology. I'd much rather have the rumble feature.

You're obviously a young kid with mommy and daddys money who doesn't have a fucking clue.

And S7A88Y, stop looking at raw FLOP numbers. Theres more to processing performance than that. In reality, both processors suck ass but games developers prefer to use the Xbox360 CPU because 3 crappy cores are better than 1 crappy core with some processing elements on it. The only saving grace of this generation of consoles is the power of the GPUs. A P4 or Athlon64 would be a far better processor for either console to use but they're too expensive. The PowerPC core(s) at the heart of both CPUs is not the same as whats in a Mac. And the Geforce 7900 series of cards is the G71 core buddy. Just a 90nm version of G70.

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
ofcourse it will be better, they took a couple of years extra to develop it :lol:

but the cell processor uses new technologies, ive read that the first generation of games dont take all the advances of the cell processor because game developers have to find out how to make games for it. Xbox just has an great advantage with the 360.

PS2 wasnt the the console with the best graphics but still sold the most consoles, so graphics dont say much.

But ofcourse the PS3 still isnt out so I could be entirely wrong :lol: