Why does my sound go through headphones and speaker

Hi. I've got a problem where my audio jack is faulty and plays through my laptop speakers instead of my headphones BUT I can vaguely hear it through my headphones, but when I plug in my headphones it doesn't notify me on realtek audio manager that I have plugged in an audio device. It also doesn't appear on the windows playback devices that there is any other audio device other than speakers? Please help? Or do I need to go to a repair shop to get my audio jack repaired? Thanks!

Sorry if I come off as confusing.
2 answers Last reply
More about sound headphones speaker
  1. Have you tested the headphones to make sure the 3.5mm jack is not broken or damaged in any way? It could be the audio jack is broken by what you're saying but have you gone to Control Panel and check the Sounds part out?
  2. Engima said:
    Have you tested the headphones to make sure the 3.5mm jack is not broken or damaged in any way? It could be the audio jack is broken by what you're saying but have you gone to Control Panel and check the Sounds part out?

I have tested over 4 headphones in the audio jack. Yes I have checked control panel and there is only one audio device which is the speakers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Headphones Devices Audio Components