Is a corsair tx750 good for the haf 932

tuganu

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hello,
i was just wondering if the tx-750 was a good psu for the haf 932. im not exactly sure how much space is in the haf so i was wondering would a modular psu be better?

Solution
It will fit just fine, but the more important question is whether it is the right size for your system. If you can tell us your specs that will help.

Modular is fine and all, but in my opinion there is plenty of room in that case to handle cable management. Modular would be toward the low end of reasons to buy a power supply here. If it were a compact case that would be a different story...
It will fit just fine, but the more important question is whether it is the right size for your system. If you can tell us your specs that will help.

Modular is fine and all, but in my opinion there is plenty of room in that case to handle cable management. Modular would be toward the low end of reasons to buy a power supply here. If it were a compact case that would be a different story...

Solution
Pretty much any standard power supply will fit in any standard case. The HAF 932 has plenty of space for what you need.

In my experience, modular power supplies are a waste of time because if you have a mid-to-high end system, you end up using all the cables anyway.

tuganu

Honorable
May 23, 2012

Okay so here it is.
CPU: Intel I7 2700k
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX560 Ti Superclock Edition
CASE: CoolerMaster HAF932
Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
OPTICAL DRIVE: DVD/CD Burner
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P8z77
POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Tx750
RAM/MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8GB(2x4GB)
AfterMarket-Cpu-fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

I know that I should do it myself but I'm new to building computers so I was wondering if you could check that all the parts are compatible. if you have any recommendations, I would be Glad to check them out. :D

CPU - Conisder dropping to an I5 to save some money. Hyperthreading on the I7 won't benefit you while gaming so this isn't really a big deal..
CPU - i5-3570k - $240

Storage - An SSD + HDD combo would be a better performance match. Use the money saved from the CPU and look toward something like...
SSD - Mushkin 120GB - $100
HD - Samsung F4 2TB - $120 - Has combo offer with DVD

OS - Unless you know you need the additional features of Pro, go with Home Professional. No need to spend the extra money.

PSU - The Corsair TX650 would be a good choice for that system as-is. If you are keeping the option open for adding another GTX560 Ti down the road, then opt up for the TX850. Other options...
XFX 650w - $63 after MIR and Coupon Code
XFX 850w - $102 after MIR

tuganu

Honorable
May 23, 2012

Okay Thanks. I might get i5 but I dont want an SSD. They are Too Expensive for what its worth. Also they have a Higher Tendency to fail than HDDs Also I have Considered getting a Different case. ThermalTake Chaser MK-I, the cooling isnt as good as the HAF 932 But Its pretty good looking and is good for cable management. So I think i should get a Tx750 with it.