alex

Does anyone know how to customize the task bar and "start-button" colors?
What if I want to make them yellow and black (for instance)?
thanks
alex

Hi Alex,

The only way to change the taskbar color in "Windows XP Styles" is to
choose Olive Green or Silver from "Color scheme:" or with 3ed party
software such as:

TGT Sof
http://www.tgtsoft.com/

WindowBlinds
http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

ThemeXP- Desktop Themes, Wallpapers, Screensavers, WinAmp Skins, and
more!
http://www.themexp.org/

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

alex wrote:
> Does anyone know how to customize the task bar and
> "start-button" colors? What if I want to make them yellow
> and black (for instance)?
> thanks
> alex

Hi Alex,

I've done a lot of this stuff... search for a prog called
"ResBuildInstall.zip" (I can email if u like). Install and run it. From the
file menu select open and navigate to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\ and open
your current theme (Luna?). There will be a data tree in the left window,
expand the one called "Bitmaps" and find "STARTBUTTON_BMP (1033)" and click
the EDIT button. You can now change the colours in your fav paint proggy.
Then hit the REPLACE button (next to EDIT) and load your new button back
into Resbuild. Save the project and close Resbuild. Now just click on the
LunaX.msstyles icon within the themes dir and it will call up your
appearance properties page. Click the Themes tab and save out the scheme as
"Mynewsuperdoopertheme" (or whatever).

Not easy eh?

Carbon™

"Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Alex,
>
> The only way to change the taskbar color in "Windows XP Styles" is to
> choose Olive Green or Silver from "Color scheme:" or with 3ed party
> software such as:
>
> TGT Sof
> http://www.tgtsoft.com/
>
> WindowBlinds
> http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/
>
> ThemeXP- Desktop Themes, Wallpapers, Screensavers, WinAmp Skins, and
> more!
> http://www.themexp.org/
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
> http://dts-l.org/
>

> alex wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to customize the task bar and
> > "start-button" colors? What if I want to make them yellow
> > and black (for instance)?
> > thanks
> > alex

Hi Alex,

I've done a lot of this stuff... search for a prog called
"ResBuildInstall.zip" (I can email if u like). Install and run it. From the
file menu select open and navigate to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\ and open
your current theme (Luna?). There will be a data tree in the left window,
expand the one called "Bitmaps" and find "STARTBUTTON_BMP (1033)" and click
the EDIT button. You can now change the colours in your fav paint proggy.
Then hit the REPLACE button (next to EDIT) and load your new button back
into Resbuild. Save the project and close Resbuild. Now just click on the
LunaX.msstyles icon within the themes dir and it will call up your
appearance properties page. Click the Themes tab and save out the scheme as
"Mynewsuperdoopertheme" (or whatever).

Not easy eh?

CarbonT

www.tgtsoft.com/prod_rb.php ResEdit 2.10