Installed Zalman CNPS9500A cooler, now computer half loads windows and fails

Lunardeath0020

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2012
Hello,
I recently bought a new cpu cooler for my 1045t thuban processor, and after the install, my computer would only load the windows screen halfway and then BSOD. I thought that the cpu might have been the problem so I went out and bought another of the same type processor. But I still am experiencing the same issue. I am concerned that it might be the motherboard or somehow I did not connect the wires back properly, even though I have gone through the process several times. The only thing I have yet to try is using the old fan again but I don't know why that would have an effect. If someone could leave me some advice on this it would be much appreciated. EVen if it's to go buy a new board, I just want to find the route out.

My build:
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 ATX Full Tower case
MSI 990fxa full atx mobo
AMD 1045t Thuban cpu
8g 4x2g stock Samsung ram
MSI TwinFrozrIII 6950 ATI gpu
Corsair GS 700 psu
Samsung 500gg 5400rpm hdd
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200rpm hdd
Samsung BRD/DVD burner/player
Windows 7 home premium

Solution
The only wires you should have had to deal with, would have been the CPU fan connection. Unless you removed the board from the case to install the cooler. Did the cooler come with thermal compound already installed? Or did you install your own?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The only wires you should have had to deal with, would have been the CPU fan connection. Unless you removed the board from the case to install the cooler. Did the cooler come with thermal compound already installed? Or did you install your own?

Solution

Lunardeath0020

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2012

Hi! Sorry for the late response! But yes I did take the entire mobo out for install. I played with it for awhile for the week after I asked this question and ended up reinstalling windows on a new hard drive and transferring files back to the old hard drive and it fixed the problem. I'm not sure why the system would be so off thrown by a fan change, but nevertheless my problem could be considered fixed.