Dave 56

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hello,

I believe malware has corrupted my registry file. The computer (Windows 7) won't boot at all. Only the power comes on, and I can't boot from the system/repair CD.

Anyone have a fix?

insertnocoins

Honorable
May 19, 2012

This problem has nothing to do with a new build. I think you should take this elsewhere because I think only I am nice enough to keep this topic going on. ;) Have you tried to boot from USB instead of CD? If that doesn't work, I've had a similar problem where I couldn't boot into CD either, nor could I boot into Windows or Safe Mode. The fix I did was, I took two USB sticks, both of them 4GB, One had Linux Ubuntu on it, another had Windows 7 on it, I booted into Ubuntu and told it to wipe the entire hard drive and install using all of the space on the hard drive, then I restarted my computer and I booted into the Windows 7 USB, and voila, the setup came up. I'm sure there's a much easier way to wipe the hard drive, but just incase something goes wrong it's nice to have Ubuntu on your computer just incase you figure out a real solution.

Hope this helps :wahoo: