* Great that you're shopping at Novatech, never been late for me, I wouldn't go with their own brand PSUs though, the one you've got is probably ok but I'd go with an OCZ ZS650 or the Corsair / XFX equivalent
* £50 is the best you're going to get really for an HDD.
* Get the Z77 board (the gigabyte) out of the two, but I'd recommend this. http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboa...
* What processor are you getting because intel boards won't work with AMD processors.
*What RAM and GPU as well?
* nice case.
Ahh crap dw about the CPU/ GPU question, didn't scroll up enough
* Motherboard recommendation stays the same then, the 670 will be great for 1080p, and 2560*1440.
* Looking at the graphics card I might check the length of the graphics card, might be a bit tight.
That motherboard will probably leave me more money than the £100 one. Might be able to squeeze in a bigger case now for the GPU, or a better PSU, depending on if the case will fit the graphics card or not.
I've already purchased 8GB of DDR3 RAM from Amazon
I'm going in to Novatech, in Cardiff, soon to check the sizes of all the parts.
All PSUs will have an 4+4pin CPU power connector because every computer needs one
You get a longer warrenty with corsair 3yrs vs 2yrs and that's pretty much it, both will be able to power your GPU.
Maybe start a thread on "CPU and components >> power supplies, cases and mods" section just asking that to get more opinions.