Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

7850 or X 560ti 448 (BF3)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 22, 2012 10:34:00 PM

I am going to build a PC in about a month and i would like to know which is the better card for BF3

7850-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
or
GTX 560ti 448-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

here are the rest of the parts of my build i am going to do
INTEL CORE I5 2500K PROCCESOR-$180 @microcenter
GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 REV2.0-$35 @microcenter $50 dollars off
GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB DDR3-1333MHz-$37 @newegg
EVGA GTX 560TI 448 OR AMD RADEON 7850 $270/$260 @newegg
SEAGATE 500GB HDD 7200RPM SATA6.0GB/S-$75 @newegg
LITEON DVD BURNER-$15 @newegg
CORSAIR CX600V2 6OOW PSU-$70 @newegg
COOLERMASTER HAF 912-$60 @newegg

Total 560/7850: $727/$717

I know the 7850 has more VRAM but the 560ti 448 for some reason performs better than the 7850 only in BF3. Is this a driver issue or does BF3 run better on NVIDIA hardware because the 7850 performs better in almost all of the other games?
oh and a good thing about the 560ti 448 it comes with BF3 for FREE :D 

More about : 7850 560ti 448 bf3

March 22, 2012 10:39:29 PM

battoot said:
I am going to build a PC in about a month and i would like to know which is the better card for BF3

7850-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
or
GTX 560ti 448-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

here are the rest of the parts of my build i am going to do
INTEL CORE I5 2500K PROCCESOR-$180 @microcenter
GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 REV2.0-$35 @microcenter $50 dollars off
GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB DDR3-1333MHz-$37 @newegg
EVGA GTX 560TI 448 OR AMD RADEON 7850 $270/$260 @newegg
SEAGATE 500GB HDD 7200RPM SATA6.0GB/S-$75 @newegg
LITEON DVD BURNER-$15 @newegg
CORSAIR CX600V2 6OOW PSU-$70 @newegg
COOLERMASTER HAF 912-$60 @newegg

Total 560/7850: $727/$717

I know the 7850 has more VRAM but the 560ti 448 for some reason performs better than the 7850 only in BF3. Is this a driver issue or does BF3 run better on NVIDIA hardware because the 7850 performs better in almost all of the other games?
oh and a good thing about the 560ti 448 it comes with BF3 for FREE :D 

If it's cheaper and comes with BF3 i would recommend getting the GTX 560 TI 448 which is a downclocked with fewer functional units GTX 570.
m
0
l
March 22, 2012 10:45:55 PM

xxyougotownedzz said:
If it's cheaper and comes with BF3 i would recommend getting the GTX 560 TI 448 which is a downclocked with fewer functional units GTX 570.

Do you thinks the 7850 will max out BF3 @1080p and NO AA with atleast 45fps (multiplayer 64 players)?
m
0
l
Related resources
March 22, 2012 10:48:20 PM

battoot said:
Do you thinks the 7850 will max out BF3 @1080p and NO AA with atleast 45fps (multiplayer 64 players)?

No, the minimum FPS will be in the 30fps range and it will average 40-45 fps.
m
0
l
March 23, 2012 5:01:28 AM

xxyougotownedzz said:
No, the minimum FPS will be in the 30fps range and it will average 40-45 fps.

I found a gtx 480 for only $250 on newegg. I heard this card is in between a 570 and a 580. Is there any bad thing about this card that makes it so cheap? will it run BF3 better than the 7850?
m
0
l
March 23, 2012 5:32:48 PM

Best answer selected by Battoot.
m
0
l
March 23, 2012 9:54:07 PM

battoot said:
I found a gtx 480 for only $250 on newegg. I heard this card is in between a 570 and a 580. Is there any bad thing about this card that makes it so cheap? will it run BF3 better than the 7850?

This card beats both the 7850 and the 560 ti 448. I have one of those GTX 480. It is pretty close to a 580 in terms of performance but the only downside is that i is power hungry and gets hot.
m
0
l
!