CPU Temp Problems --- 2 questions

AsoIaF

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
So my new/first build is having cpu temperature problems. I'm getting ~45 idle temps and ~62C when i run something as simple as Terraria in Windowed mode. Also 90C on Prime95 Torture test. I have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo coming tomorrow or after tomorrow so this is just to reassure myself early. I just turned on the AC in the room for a few hours and i'm getting 26-36C idle temps. Should this in any way reassure me that my CPU/Motherboard/RAM is not the problem and that the problem is probably that i seated the Stock HSF wrong?

Second question, is there any graphical benchmarking program like Heaven Benchmark or something similar that shows CPU temps along with FPS or not? If not is there any way to check temps in game so i can make sure to safely run games without worrying after i install my new aftermarket cooler?

As always thanks for any and all help, it's always appreciated!

Edit:

This is my build:

Asus p8z77-v pro
i5 3570k
GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB
NZXT Phantom Full Tower (I think the case fans are connected to the PSU since the Motherboard doesn't detect them)
2x4gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Samsung 830 128gb SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Asus DVD Drive
Corsair 850W Gold PSU

I have everything on Stock. Also using Stock CPU fan.

agpbiohazard

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Hey AsoIaf,
Which processor are you using?

EDIT: When I got my new i7 2600k with the stock heatsync, I was running 99C core temps and 97C CPU temps with Prime95 torture test. Swapped to the coolermaster hyper 212, I now stay near 60 under 8 workers with prime95. So there may have been a seating issue or perhaps a hardware issue with the stock cooler.

Your temps are maybe a little high, but nothing to worry about. My brother has the same processor as me with stock heatsync, he stays near 70 with torture test.

AsoIaF

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

Edit:

This is my build:

Asus p8z77-v pro
i5 3570k
GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB
NZXT Phantom Full Tower (I think the case fans are connected to the PSU since the Motherboard doesn't detect them)
2x4gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Samsung 830 128gb SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Asus DVD Drive
Corsair 850W Gold PSU

I have everything on Stock. Also using Stock CPU fan.

AsoIaF

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Does the Heaven Engine go fullscreen? I only have one screen at the moment so i can't see HWMOnitor at the same time, though i might hook up a second screen.