Quick question about the athlon (venice)!

tarandaniel

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
I was shopping for my next build and i was wondering if this venice would be the way to go its a bit cheaper and seems to be ok could i get someones advice im building for a gaming pc so i would really appreciate some ones advice plz. I have to get back to work in about 15 mins so if some one could give me a quick overview thx

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
It really depends on the context, such as your budget, the games you intend to play and the rest of your components.

BTW, which Venice are you talking about and cheaper in reference to what ?

tarandaniel

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
On zipzoomfly.com the clawhammer is like 206 for 3.5 and the venice is 185 i just didnt want to buy something that is junk. I havent built a pc in like 5 years and im kinda behind i want to build a gaming pc and i wanted intel but every one is telling me to go amd so im just weighing my options. i can spend around 800 usd for the tower.

tarandaniel

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Ok guys i have to head back to work but if someone could plz take the time to give me a quick overview today i would really appreciate it thx

4745454b

Titan
AMD came out swinging their hammer chips, so the clawhammer chip would be one of the first Athlon64 chips that AMD released. They would be more expensive because they aren't made anymore and are harder to find. You might need to buy one if you have an older motherboard that won't support the newer Venice chip. Don't worry, the Venice is newer and better. The Hammer chips couldn't run 4 sticks of ram at DDR400 speeds, it would have to drop the speed down to DDR333. The Venice chips don't have this problem. I believe they are also cooler, draw less power etc.

S7A88Y

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
Venice is better. They use less power, create less heat, and give a slightly higher preformance. I have a 3800 and am VERY happy.

TRENDING THREADS