Need game recommendation

I'd like my next Xbox game to be a Baldur's Gate or Might and Magic type of
game. Can someone recommend something good? I don't care if it's new or
old. Thanks!

I guess if it's role playing you seek Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is
good, long, and old fashioned and cost virtually nothing used in most
game stores. Fable is pretty neat too, it has been re-released with
some added content and it's an XBox Platinum hit, so it's only $20.

I heard bad things about the Baldur's Gate series on the Xbox.

"ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'd like my next Xbox game to be a Baldur's Gate or Might and Magic type
of
> game. Can someone recommend something good? I don't care if it's new or
> old. Thanks!

Baldurs gate type games on Xbox are not even remotely close to the ones on
PC (im guessing you know the names due to being a PC games, since M&M games
havent been on consoles in ages AFAIK), they are more along the lines of
Diablo or Dungeon Siege so if you like those types of games, then yeah, the
BG games are worth the price of admission.

Closest you'll come to the old school M&M PC RPGs is Morrowind or the Star
Wars RPGs, the Xbox blows when it comes to RPGs unfortunately.

Wurm

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey Wurm: X-Men Legends was pretty fun. If he likes BG, he might give Xmen a
try

"Dan" <nothing@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Hey Wurm: X-Men Legends was pretty fun. If he likes BG, he might give Xmen
> try

True, there are plenty more under that genre as well, D&D Heroes, FF,
Norrath series (or are those ps2 only?), Gauntlet, etc.

Never actually played Legends, I have issues with games which refuse to show
gameplay during commercials..... I mean seriously..... they've gotta be
hiding something ;o).

Wurm

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I finished XM:L with my (at the time GF) and it was a lot of fun. If you
were ever a fan of the shows, its worth looking into. Very similar to BG,
except you're an Xman! Always wanted to be Wolverine as a kid ;-)

> I finished XM:L with my (at the time GF) and it was a lot of fun. If you
> were ever a fan of the shows, its worth looking into. Very similar to BG,
> except you're an Xman! Always wanted to be Wolverine as a kid ;-)

I figure ill pick it up when it hits super-bargain prices, my game backlog
is still really damn big..... ive even started selling off games that I've
never even gotten around to playing just to make room and I know ill most
likely not ever get around to :)

I got a question for you Dan, why do you always reply to the original post
when you are referring to a post deeper into the thread?, makes it kind of
tricky to follow along :)

Jordan

X-Men Legends is good.

Hunter: The Reckoning and Hunter: The Reckoning - Redeemer got a little
tiresome after a while, but were still fun.

- Jordan

ChitaShines wrote:
> I'd like my next Xbox game to be a Baldur's Gate or Might and Magic type of
> game. Can someone recommend something good? I don't care if it's new or
> old. Thanks!

Buy a PS2 and pick up Champions of Norrath Return to Arms.
It's the best looking game of it's kind. Even WAY better looking than BG.

If you liked Baldur's Gate, try Knights of the Old Republic 1 and Jade
Empire (both from BioWare who wrote Baldur's Gate). Not my type of
games, but everyone seems to agree that they are excellent as far as
RPG standards go. Jade Empire even has "sort of" Real Time fighting.
Played them for a while, got bored with too much storyline (I am not a
patient player - I like to watch movies or read books if I want to be
entertained by a huge background story) and sold them on. Still liked
the gameplay and the way it plays. Both should be quite cheap now.
Regards,
Ralf

Averell wrote:
> Jade Empire even has "sort of" Real Time fighting.

Sort of? How much more real time can you get?

> Sort of? How much more real time can you get?

Fable was more Real Time - or other hack and slash. JE just seems like
round based speeded up.