PicoPSU 200w for i5 2400s and HD6670 Gpu???

birchnick10

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Hello,

As the title states I am curious if a 200w PicoPSU can handle;an i5 2400s, HIS HD6670 Gpu, and a 64gb ssd. (No rom drive). I checked on the power management calculator and it recomends 171 watts. The issue I have been hearing is that some people cant get there graphics cards to turn on under such low wattage. Please HELP!

birchnick10

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
I plan on getting the Habey EMC-800BL with a built in 120 watt PSU. If I use the internal PSU for cpu/SSD, and a 200w picoPSU for just the GPU do you think this could help significantly??

birchnick10

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the quick replys, Yes i will be using 2 sticks. Im trying to keep the overall size very small and really like the size of the case, I just cant seem to find a way to fit a power supply that big inside the case anywhere...

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
You will need to take a few things into account as well. This is a SLIM MICRO ITX case, and will require a very specific type of motherboard. Also, there is no cooling on the psu, or in the case, which would make your stock cpu cooler and your gpu cooler ALL the cooling you will have, so overheating will probably be a problem. Lastly, it's possible that GPU will not fit. The dimensions of this case are 8x9x3 and the dimensions on the card state 7.48" in length, even on a low profile card. This probably leaves a half inch to fit all your plugs and wires for the gpu + whatever other components are in the way.

birchnick10

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Is there any power supply large enough (340w) but small enough (physical size) to fit inside the habey emc-800 case along with the Motherboard, cpu, low profile gpu, as im typing this i realize im trying to stuff an elephant into a clown car..... What could everyone suggest for the smallest possible case to accommodate what I need? Thanks for your patience on this everyone. ( I may just build one to...just an idea)

birchnick10

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012

Didnt realize it was a Micro case....hmmm this just might work as I am planning on using a MINI itx board (asrock 1gb 128bit ddr5)...What do you think??

birchnick10

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
NICE! Thanks kelthic! I was just going to post http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817338063. but urs is 400w NICE. Now to determine if all the components will fit.... wish there was solid works drawing for each part ;) Then I could just assemble it that way haha. Feel free to help in my calculations....

I will be removing the internal power supply and also cutting a vertical slot in the back above the mobo plate for the GPU... I may cnc mill the top out so the fans from the GPU can breath more as well.

I plan to vertically mount a slim 60mm in the side opposite from the ssd. I also plan on using the scythefor the cpu cooling which is very slim.

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
You will probably have to cut a hole for the PSU i suggested as well, as i just realized it has a fan and i could not find a hole for one in your case. It sounds like you have enough engineering experience to fit the GPU into this case, but i would go with a low profile model to be safe. What are you going to be doing with this pc>?