Sign in with
Your question

My computer's performance suddenly dropped

Last response: in Components
September 14, 2012 12:17:28 PM

So a couple of days ago I was playing my regular games (League of Legends, WoW, Arkham City and a couple more) with a decent 60 fps. Then when I tried to play the same games yesterday my fps dropped all over the board. WoW is running at 7 fps, and LoL and Arkham City is even worse. I figured there had to be something wrong with mye system. I did a thorough virus scan and tried updating my video card drivers.

My system speccs are:

CPU: AMD Turion II N530
RAM: 6GB
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Harddrive: Toshiba MK3256GSY ATA Device

I was planning on getting a new computer anyway, but it would be kind of nice to have a working laptop :) 

Any help is much appreciated

Edit: Don't know if this is the right place to put it, but I didn't know where else

More about : computer performance suddenly dropped

September 14, 2012 12:27:57 PM

With laptops, overheating often causes degraded performance, since gameplay generates more heat which can in extreme cases cause permanent damage.

A laptop is not suitable for the latest games unless it's purpose-built for that type of use like the Dell Alienware series.
September 14, 2012 10:44:57 PM

try playing witht he laptop plugged into wall power
September 15, 2012 9:56:18 AM

@phil22 I know overheat slowly kills my components, but would the decay happen so sudden? I have had no shutdowns because of overheating on my laptop.
I know laptops aren't great for games, but WoW and LoL aren't really considered latest games, are they?

@popatim I always have my laptop plugged in when I use it, I dont really need a battery for it to be honest
!