AMD 7970 on G1 Assassin 2 problem

Is it possible to fit a AMD 7970 Sapphire on a Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 PCIEX16_1?
I can only fit it on PCIEX8 and if I try to fit it in one of the PCIEX16, it feels like its stuck and I don't want to force it in for fear of breaking something. I was getting a "No Signal" on the PCIEX8 on my AMD 7970. I dont have another video card to test if its the motherboard itself. I bought my computer from CyberPowerPC. Please help.
5 answers Last reply
More about 7970 assassin problem
  1. It should fit fine it is a std connector!
  2. rolli59 said:
    It should fit fine it is a std connector!

I did that, but it still gives me a "No signal" on my monitor. Do I need to request a RMA?
  3. If you uninstalled the other card properly and hooked up the power from the PSU to the card correctly then it looks like RMA is in order.
  4. I doubt if the card is faulty, and it's weird that that 2 PCIE x16 slots are blocking the card as the X8 is in the same line.

No signal could be mostly a problem of RAM, check each ram in different slots and check these tips.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
  5. I forgot to mention this but when I first recieved my computer from CyberPowerPC with my 1st AMD 7970, it booted up fine. But then on the screen there were a lot of pixel squares and artifacting and then the "display driver for AMD 7970 has crashed" or something like that. After I turned it off and retried again, it stopped crashing and I can play games fine. But after 2 days had passed, it became more frequent and unplayable. I called Cyberpowerpc and they said I should reseat the AMD 7970 but that didn't help. Then I returned the AMD 7970 and when I got another 7970 back that was supposedly "fixed", it didn't reach the boot screen and I heard no Windows sounds booting up. Thats right now.

Thats my story. Any suggestions? Request a return on my purchase of the computer? Or return the AMD 7970 AGAIN and hope that 3rd times the charm? 30 bucks to ship the card back to CPP, geezus...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sapphire AMD Gigabyte Graphics