Win 7 Antispyware 2012?

jnerdfighter

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hi, early this morning, maybe 1 AM or earlier I got this virus.

This morning I managed to trick it by setting the date ahead 7 days, as it is only supposed to run for 6. This made it stop, temporarily, I believe. I am running two full system scans, one under Norton and the other under Malewarebytes. Norton found 5 issues, but they were just cookies, so I figured it was nothing, but deleted them anyway. I was looking through my files under C:\Users\(My computer name)\AppData\Local\Temp and I found a series of .exe files that appeared to have last been modified early this morning, around the same time I decided to shut down my computer and go to bed. The names are as follows:
swoxamcrne
xqa
noxcaemsrw
xrcemwosna

I'm not sure if these are the files under the virus, but they seem suspicious and I was wondering if I should delete them, or just wait for the scan to finish, as there are probably more of the little buggers hiding about in my other files. What do you think?

jnerdfighter

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

I have am already within those steps, please read my post more thoroughly.

Well - its a temp directory and so you can delete anything in it with impunity.... ( I regularly do.... it collects loads of crap and I have no idea why the disk cleanup tool does nothing about it).

But your are right.... it almost certainly will not be the whole issue - you need keep going with the scans and remedial action to root out all the virus.

Cheers

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
best thing to do is restart computer

keep tapping f8 to get into safe mode

then when in there go to run (windows key +r)

type in msconfig

click on the services tab. tick the box hide microsoft

then untick everything else

then go into

startup and remove everything you havent heard of

(in both these cases leave malwarebytes and norton)

restart and see if the program loads. if it dosnt then a normal antivirus should easily be able to get rid of it

remember the virus can easily modify anti-virus programs to stop them from working properly before they are loaded by the operating system

best thing to do if this stops the virus loading is uninstall malwarebytes then restart and install again, update then run scan

this should get rid of it

D

Deleted member 217926

You followed all the steps in the page I linked to? Did the registry fix and downloaded and ran RKill and TDSSKiller then run Malwarebytes? The page also lists the associated program files and registry information.

I read your post fine. You did not mention any of those things except Malwarebytes.

Latest posts