How many BlueTooth computers can a Nokia 6230 pair with ?

I have a PC and a Laptop.
Can the Nokia 6230 pair with each of them separately ?
Cause when I go from PC to Laptop, I configure the connection but when
I go back to the PC, it refuse to pair.

THanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth computers nokia 6230 pair

    On 27 May 2004 01:00:50 -0700, dingdongdingding@yahoo.com
    (flahmeshess) wrote:

    >I have a PC and a Laptop.
    >Can the Nokia 6230 pair with each of them separately ?
    >Cause when I go from PC to Laptop, I configure the connection but when
    >I go back to the PC, it refuse to pair.

    It can only pair with one other bluetooth device at a time.

    Gav

    What about at different times ? Can I pair with the PC, unpair and
    then pair with my Laptop ?

    flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > What about at different times ? Can I pair with the PC, unpair and
    > then pair with my Laptop ?

    Sure, but that seems like a pain to me.... My 3650 is paired to my
    desktop and my laptop as well as both my headsets.

    My problem here is that my Nokia 6230 doesn't seem to be able to
    differentiate between my PC and my Laptop. After I connect to my PC,
    and tne configure to my Laptop, then I go back to my PC, it is not
    able to connect anymore and I need to configure again each time.

    "Mark E. Daniel" <mark@atarimax.com> wrote in message news:<2hnlapFf3lftU2@uni-berlin.de>...
    > flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > What about at different times ? Can I pair with the PC, unpair and
    > > then pair with my Laptop ?
    >
    > Sure, but that seems like a pain to me.... My 3650 is paired to my
    > desktop and my laptop as well as both my headsets.

    flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > My problem here is that my Nokia 6230 doesn't seem to be able to
    > differentiate between my PC and my Laptop. After I connect to my PC,
    > and tne configure to my Laptop, then I go back to my PC, it is not
    > able to connect anymore and I need to configure again each time.

    You using the same dongle to accomplish that? or does one machine have
    built-in bluetooth?

    If you're using the same dongle on both machines, that's your problem.
    Your phone uses the dongle's MAC to tell it from other bluetooth
    devices. Personaly I bought two dongles because I got sick of repairing
    it everytime I switched machines.

    You are right. Same dongle !

    "Mark E. Daniel" <mark@atarimax.com> wrote in message news:<2ho96sFet9duU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > My problem here is that my Nokia 6230 doesn't seem to be able to
    > > differentiate between my PC and my Laptop. After I connect to my PC,
    > > and tne configure to my Laptop, then I go back to my PC, it is not
    > > able to connect anymore and I need to configure again each time.
    >
    > You using the same dongle to accomplish that? or does one machine have
    > built-in bluetooth?
    >
    > If you're using the same dongle on both machines, that's your problem.
    > Your phone uses the dongle's MAC to tell it from other bluetooth
    > devices. Personaly I bought two dongles because I got sick of repairing
    > it everytime I switched machines.

Nokia Laptops Computers Bluetooth