Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How many BlueTooth computers can a Nokia 6230 pair with ?

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 27, 2004 5:00:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I have a PC and a Laptop.
Can the Nokia 6230 pair with each of them separately ?
Cause when I go from PC to Laptop, I configure the connection but when
I go back to the PC, it refuse to pair.

THanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2004 1:38:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On 27 May 2004 01:00:50 -0700, dingdongdingding@yahoo.com
(flahmeshess) wrote:

>I have a PC and a Laptop.
>Can the Nokia 6230 pair with each of them separately ?
>Cause when I go from PC to Laptop, I configure the connection but when
>I go back to the PC, it refuse to pair.

It can only pair with one other bluetooth device at a time.

Gav
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2004 1:38:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

What about at different times ? Can I pair with the PC, unpair and
then pair with my Laptop ?


gavs_usenet@mungedup.swissonline.ch.invalid (Gav) wrote in message news:<40b65f97.1867655@news.swissonline.ch>...
> On 27 May 2004 01:00:50 -0700, dingdongdingding@yahoo.com
> (flahmeshess) wrote:
>
> >I have a PC and a Laptop.
> >Can the Nokia 6230 pair with each of them separately ?
> >Cause when I go from PC to Laptop, I configure the connection but when
> >I go back to the PC, it refuse to pair.
>
> It can only pair with one other bluetooth device at a time.
>
> Gav
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2004 6:09:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What about at different times ? Can I pair with the PC, unpair and
> then pair with my Laptop ?

Sure, but that seems like a pain to me.... My 3650 is paired to my
desktop and my laptop as well as both my headsets.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2004 6:09:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

My problem here is that my Nokia 6230 doesn't seem to be able to
differentiate between my PC and my Laptop. After I connect to my PC,
and tne configure to my Laptop, then I go back to my PC, it is not
able to connect anymore and I need to configure again each time.

"Mark E. Daniel" <mark@atarimax.com> wrote in message news:<2hnlapFf3lftU2@uni-berlin.de>...
> flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > What about at different times ? Can I pair with the PC, unpair and
> > then pair with my Laptop ?
>
> Sure, but that seems like a pain to me.... My 3650 is paired to my
> desktop and my laptop as well as both my headsets.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2004 11:48:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My problem here is that my Nokia 6230 doesn't seem to be able to
> differentiate between my PC and my Laptop. After I connect to my PC,
> and tne configure to my Laptop, then I go back to my PC, it is not
> able to connect anymore and I need to configure again each time.

You using the same dongle to accomplish that? or does one machine have
built-in bluetooth?

If you're using the same dongle on both machines, that's your problem.
Your phone uses the dongle's MAC to tell it from other bluetooth
devices. Personaly I bought two dongles because I got sick of repairing
it everytime I switched machines.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2004 11:48:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

You are right. Same dongle !

"Mark E. Daniel" <mark@atarimax.com> wrote in message news:<2ho96sFet9duU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > My problem here is that my Nokia 6230 doesn't seem to be able to
> > differentiate between my PC and my Laptop. After I connect to my PC,
> > and tne configure to my Laptop, then I go back to my PC, it is not
> > able to connect anymore and I need to configure again each time.
>
> You using the same dongle to accomplish that? or does one machine have
> built-in bluetooth?
>
> If you're using the same dongle on both machines, that's your problem.
> Your phone uses the dongle's MAC to tell it from other bluetooth
> devices. Personaly I bought two dongles because I got sick of repairing
> it everytime I switched machines.
!