Sign in with
Your question

Need help after completing first build.

Last response: in Systems
May 23, 2012 11:08:27 PM

Just after I finished going through the TH homebuild "how to" thread, I tried to boot up my machine for the first time. Not even a beep or a sign of life. I checked the troubleshooting thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...) , and tried everything except for "breadboarding" as I wanted some feedback before I do all that work again.

This is my first build, and I'm a complete rookie. Off the top of my head, the only thing I could think of is a faulty power switch on my chassis. It feels loose and cheap, but I can't say for certain if that's the problem (CM 912 HAF case). Any ideas as to what could be my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

More about : completing build

a c 83 B Homebuilt system
May 23, 2012 11:32:57 PM

Do the breadboarding step too.

To power on the motherboard without the front panel power switch, momentarily touch the two motherboard pwr pins with a screwdriver.
May 23, 2012 11:33:27 PM

Exzessisback said:
Just after I finished going through the TH homebuild "how to" thread, I tried to boot up my machine for the first time. Not even a beep or a sign of life. I checked the troubleshooting thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...) , and tried everything except for "breadboarding" as I wanted some feedback before I do all that work again.

This is my first build, and I'm a complete rookie. Off the top of my head, the only thing I could think of is a faulty power switch on my chassis. It feels loose and cheap, but I can't say for certain if that's the problem (CM 912 HAF case). Any ideas as to what could be my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I know you can start the computer by using a screw driver (look it up might be some tutorials because i don't know how to do it)
if you think its a faulty power switch on the case
!