Need help after completing first build.

Just after I finished going through the TH homebuild "how to" thread, I tried to boot up my machine for the first time. Not even a beep or a sign of life. I checked the troubleshooting thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems) , and tried everything except for "breadboarding" as I wanted some feedback before I do all that work again.

This is my first build, and I'm a complete rookie. Off the top of my head, the only thing I could think of is a faulty power switch on my chassis. It feels loose and cheap, but I can't say for certain if that's the problem (CM 912 HAF case). Any ideas as to what could be my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about need completing build
  1. Do the breadboarding step too.

To power on the motherboard without the front panel power switch, momentarily touch the two motherboard pwr pins with a screwdriver.
  2. Exzessisback said:
    Just after I finished going through the TH homebuild "how to" thread, I tried to boot up my machine for the first time. Not even a beep or a sign of life. I checked the troubleshooting thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems) , and tried everything except for "breadboarding" as I wanted some feedback before I do all that work again.

This is my first build, and I'm a complete rookie. Off the top of my head, the only thing I could think of is a faulty power switch on my chassis. It feels loose and cheap, but I can't say for certain if that's the problem (CM 912 HAF case). Any ideas as to what could be my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I know you can start the computer by using a screw driver (look it up might be some tutorials because i don't know how to do it)
    if you think its a faulty power switch on the case
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Systems