Urgent help needed with new pc!

sushi1

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hi
My new pc recently arived from the shop that put all the parts together for me. The problem now is that when i plug it into my Acer S240HLbid monitor the monitor says no signal.
It also shows when I unplug the monitor so it is picking it up. The monitor is working fine with my xbox and laptop. The PC lights are working and i can hear the fans.

My pc is
560 ti
i5 3570k
ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP Motherboard
600w corsair
8gb corsair vengence

Please help me as quickly as possible as im terrified something may be broken!

Thanks
Andy

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
Are you sure you connected to the graphics card and not the integrated graphics on the motherboard? (There are a few different places you can connect a monitor.)

If the card connection doesn't work, try the motherboard connection. One of them probably works. Once you have something to look at, we can sort out the rest of it.

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
Well we could troubleshoot all day but since you just received this pc from the shop that put it all together I would definitely give them a call because you obviously spent a bit of money with them. DOA is not cool and should have been tested before it left their building.

Like the previous reader make sure your actually plugging in the monitor into the video card and not the integrated graphics port. Also if your monitor has multiple inputs like
VGA, DVI, HDMI, make sure the monitor is set to the input you are plugging into.

I like to turn off pc, and monitor and make sure you only have one set of video cables plugged into Monitor. (Obviously the one set should be the ones going to your video card in your computer) turn computer on wait about 2 seconds then turn monitor on. A lot of monitors these days have auto input sensing technology so they auto switch when they are first turning on.

udg

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Make sure is is plugged into the rght Video Card, when I got into PC's years ago I had the same problem and it turned out it was plugged into the wrong slot.