Sign in with
Your question

560 ti 448 Issue with Skyrim

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 23, 2012 4:32:14 AM

Just upgraded my 5570 ati with a 560ti 448. Performance went through the roof. Able to run both games I play on max settings without issue. Except Skyrim.

Game is running at 60 fps. Looks beautiful and outside of this issue none at all. Every minute, minute and a half the game ctd with no warning. At first it would just freeze for a few seconds. Now, every time, regardless of graphics settings it just quits on me. I've been all over the web and can't find a solution that works.

I've got the newest drivers for all of my hardware and have tried windowed mode, full screen, disabling all of my mods and a complete reinstall of the game.

I've also played SWTOR for hours with no issues outside of the game being crap.

My Rig:

Asus M5A97
AMD FX 4100 Quad
16g DDR3
560 ti 448
DX 11
750 Watt PS

Thanks ahead of time to anyone that spends their time and finger energy on helping me out.

More about : 560 448 issue skyrim

March 23, 2012 4:50:19 AM

Have you tried the audio work around? Many people including myself got CTD until you go to Start -> Control Panel -> Sound -> advance-> bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality) in the drop down menu?
m
l
March 23, 2012 5:12:30 AM

I have. No luck.
m
l
Related resources
March 23, 2012 12:45:48 PM

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm at a complete loss here. Just installed and ran Mass Effect 3 and played for a half hour with no issues. Definitely seems like just a skyrim issue.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2012 12:58:38 PM

Well did you by chance get any new Steam WorkShop mods?
m
l
March 23, 2012 1:12:26 PM

Nothing from steam workshop. I've turned off all mods. I can't remember having a single ctd with my old shitty card. I just timed it and it literally closes 1 min and 25 seconds in every time on the dot.

Might be the save? Starting a new game now to see.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2012 1:18:52 PM

Have you tried re-installing skyrim?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2012 1:40:24 PM

Yea try Re-installing Skyrim. Cause this is a simple fix issue. Only you can make it a impossible one by coming up with a non fixed answer every time
m
l
March 23, 2012 2:11:33 PM

Sorry if you get the impression that is what I'm doing. However, I have reinstalled. I've done it twice now. I can see that this forum isn't the place I thought it was. I will take my issue else where. Thanks for your time.

I would like to point out that 'simple' is a relative term. Simple for you Rockdpm may seem very complicated to someone else. While I don't consider myself hopeless when it comes to these things I am the type of person that tries the 'simple' things before I come and ask for help.

Apologies
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2012 2:24:06 PM

stilly0469 said:
Sorry if you get the impression that is what I'm doing. However, I have reinstalled. I've done it twice now. I can see that this forum isn't the place I thought it was. I will take my issue else where. Thanks for your time.

I would like to point out that 'simple' is a relative term. Simple for you Rockdpm may seem very complicated to someone else. While I don't consider myself hopeless when it comes to these things I am the type of person that tries the 'simple' things before I come and ask for help.

Apologies

You don't have to go all ballistic on us. We are just trying to help.

One more thing you can try - download driver sweeper from here:

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

Once downloaded, reboot into safe mode. Run Driver sweeper and delete all NVIDIA/AMD drivers (if there are any). Reboot again and now re-install your latest drivers. Reboot once more once the drivers are done installing. Try your game again.

I'm guessing you might have remnants of your old AMD driver in your system causing issues.
m
l
March 23, 2012 4:24:27 PM

No one is going ballistic. I guess if that guy is going to get snarky he should read my post first. I said I reinstalled.

I got this fixed quite easily elsewhere.

Thanks for your help chain. That driver tool is very nice.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2012 4:53:25 PM

stilly0469 said:
No one is going ballistic. I guess if that guy is going to get snarky he should read my post first. I said I reinstalled.

I got this fixed quite easily elsewhere.

Thanks for your help chain. That driver tool is very nice.

You come here and ask for help, we try to help but then you mention this isn't the right place for what you were looking for. Why post that then and post here? What were you expecting?

So what was the fix? You took your time to post here, as we did ourselves, we should at least know what you did.
m
l
March 23, 2012 7:45:45 PM

Chainzsaw said:
You come here and ask for help, we try to help but then you mention this isn't the right place for what you were looking for. Why post that then and post here? What were you expecting?

So what was the fix? You took your time to post here, as we did ourselves, we should at least know what you did.

You both suggested something I had already done and clearly stated in my initial post. The other dude gets an attitude. There are plenty of forums like this one. I asked on 4 of them. All 3 of the others were very helpful sans attitude.

What was I looking for? Brainstorming I guess? I can tell you I wasn't looking for "try another reinstall". Definetaly not accusations of intentionally stalling my own resolution.

Someone should really close this thread down. Clearly this is not helping anyone else with the same issue.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2012 7:50:46 PM

stilly0469 said:
You both suggested something I had already done and clearly stated in my initial post. The other dude gets an attitude. There are plenty of forums like this one. I asked on 4 of them. All 3 of the others were very helpful sans attitude.

Someone should really close this thread down. Clearly this is not helping anyone else with the same issue.

I missed that part where you already said you re-installed it.

It's like you have a prerogetive to give tomshardware a bed rep just because of 2 posts that you did not like.

Why can't you tell us what you did to fix it? Like I said - instead of mentioning how you fixed it, you continue to bash tomshardware. Stay classy.
m
l
March 23, 2012 8:06:38 PM

Chainzsaw said:
I missed that part where you already said you re-installed it.

It's like you have a prerogetive to give tomshardware a bed rep just because of 2 posts that you did not like.

Why can't you tell us what you did to fix it? Like I said - instead of mentioning how you fixed it, you continue to bash tomshardware. Stay classy.

Relax tom. I thanked you and I meant it. Ill link the other post here when i find it. If i try and explain what fixed it chances are it wont make much sense.

Stay classy? How about first impressions? Why in hell would I talk up toms when I get treated like an idiot my first time posting? I've read lots of other threads not many people talking to others the way this other dude talked to me.

Again, I thanked you and I did mean it, this driver program is very useful.
m
l
!