Antec Three Hundred vs. Antec Three Hundred Two

Hey Guys. It has been 5 years and I decided it was time to build a new machine. I have been reading about cases, and I am trying to decide between the Antec Three Hundred or the Antec Three Hundred Two. After rebates the Three Hundred is $40 versus $70 for the Three Hundred Two. I don't mind paying the extra money, if it will future proof my machine. Do you guys think the benefits of the Three Hundred Two are worth the extra cost?

Thanks!!
Reply to aum110
5 answers Last reply
More about antec hundred antec hundred
  1. cases don't really "future proof" a machine. you buy a case for what you want($ of fans, # of HD brackets, cable management, Air Circulation etc) regardless, mobos will likely stay atx sized so a case can last a long time.
    Reply to dudewitbow
  2. I have not used the 302 yet, but did actually like the older 300 for the price.

The 302 does add a nicer hard drive mounting system(the same one used in the Sonata line as well as many cases now days), usb3 on the front as well as some other enhancements like a filtered intake for the power supply on the bottom and a SSD mounting spot on the backside of the MB tray(also water cooling tube outlets on the top and a rear side fan holder/vent).

If those seem like features you will like, then go for it, In general, for the price the 300 was a very good case in my books.

The 302 also seems to lack the 2 120mm intake fan locations on the front(reviews show it that way), but i never used those anyway.
    Reply to nukemaster
  3. If you're gaming, using a large GPU and don't like to screw the hard drives into place, then the Three Hundred Two would be the option. On the other hand, I don't know how secure and quiet the hard drives would be in the screwless system. I have built sveral with the Three Hundred and you can have 5 120MM fans if you want. I haven't found heat to be an issue.

Hope this helps.
    Reply to cmichael138
  4. Any decent case will last you forEVER if you want. The only significant difference I see between the two is the USB 3.0 ports in front and watercooling outlets if you use them - if that's worth $30 to you, then go for it.

Things like the screwless hard drive mounting system and SSD bay are pretty much non-issues if you ask me. You install those things once and it's not very difficult to do the traditional way, so ... meh.

In my opinion, the 300 is/was one of my favorite cases of all time to work with in that price range. The 302 should be excellent too; its just a matter of whether you think it's worth the price.
    Reply to capt_taco
  5. I have a perfect 300 series, that I want to do on a budget build. Can I convert the front I/O to the one the 300 two uses? That is my only hangup. Also, I made a Corsair H80, though I could only fit one fan, (came with 2 for push pull) fit on the rear exhaust mount.

Back to question, If Antec does not offer the part separate, can I get a universal harness?
    Reply to greenman9
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Homebuilt Antec Cases Build Systems Product