Up grade HP Pavilion p6787c graphics card

s15164k

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Can I put a GeForce GTX 280 with 1 gig ddr3 on a H-RS880-uATX motherbord in a HP Pavilion p6787c with a 250 watt power suplply, 8 gig ram, and windows home 7? I want to up grade from the AMD Radeon 6450 with 512 ddr3 that's in it know. Would this even be an upgrade, will it work with win7? I eventually want to run 4 1920x1080 screens with my flight sims FSX, the new MS Flight and X-Plane 9. I already have the geforce card. If this is not possible what would you suggest? I've thought about getting a Matrox triple head to go, but now here there may be gpu,s with 4 monitor hook-up on them. Sorry if i'm not asking the right questions, this is the first time I have done this. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

VictorLimaMike

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Have this same system so if you plan on upping the gpu you need to upgrade the psu to 550W or more. You're going to trash your system if you don't. I swapped out the stock gpu with an Nvidia gtx 560ti (metric) and the psu for a 720W unit. Those are the only two upgrades I've done and I'm running BF3 between 48-60+ fps on high settings @ 1080p, all without OC'ing.

I'm looking to upgrade the fans for the cpu and case and probably upgrading to gaming RAM. For a "big box" system I'm petty happy with the results and the temps on my gpu and cpu run within the safe ranges respectively.

Once you upgrade those two things for whatever applications you plan on running, you should be good to go. If you have the extra $$ you should upgrade to a 560ti and psu if you plan on using it for gaming. Good luck.