Xbox Live using Wireless Belkin (USB)

Hi there.

is there anyway I could use my Xbox live using a USB wireless belking
reciever? my modem is 2 rooms away and there's no way I could directly
plug the xbox directly to it.

the modem is a 2wire homeportal

if using the wireless conection is not possible, is there a way I could
link my xbox with my PC in order to get the internet conection?

Im using Windows XP

Thanks in advance for the information
2 answers Last reply
More about xbox live wireless belkin

    You could try a USB to ethernet adapter on your xbox. This would allow
    you to plug in the USB wireless adapter. It may work. I personally
    haven't tried this option.

    You probably need to purchase a wireless router (unless your 2wire
    homeportal already does this) and a wireless ethernet bridge. Route
    the modem to the router. Use the ethernet bridge at the xbox. Some
    routers can be used as bridges and may be a slighter cheaper option.

    There is always the option to run ethernet cable.

    "AE" <alan_estrada@axtel.net> wrote in

    > Hi there.
    >
    > is there anyway I could use my Xbox live using a USB wireless
    > belking reciever? my modem is 2 rooms away and there's no way
    > I could directly plug the xbox directly to it.
    >
    > the modem is a 2wire homeportal
    >
    > if using the wireless conection is not possible, is there a
    > way I could link my xbox with my PC in order to get the
    > internet conection?
    >
    > Im using Windows XP
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the information

    The USB receiver won't work since you can't load the drivers for
    it on your Xbox.

    An Ethernet Bridge / Wireless Game Adapter would work, and you'd
    also have to get a wireless router if your 2wire isn't wireless
    enabled already.

    Another solution is maybe to move the 2wire. That's a DSL
    modem, right? If you have a phone jack in the room with the
    Xbox you could move the modem there and use a direct ethernet
    connection then use the USB receiver on your computer.

Console Gaming Wireless Xbox Live Xbox Video Games