Xbox Live using Wireless Belkin (USB)

Last response: in Video Games
a b F Wireless
August 19, 2005 12:45:52 AM

Hi there.

is there anyway I could use my Xbox live using a USB wireless belking
reciever? my modem is 2 rooms away and there's no way I could directly
plug the xbox directly to it.

the modem is a 2wire homeportal

if using the wireless conection is not possible, is there a way I could
link my xbox with my PC in order to get the internet conection?

Im using Windows XP

Thanks in advance for the information
August 19, 2005 4:03:04 AM

You could try a USB to ethernet adapter on your xbox. This would allow
you to plug in the USB wireless adapter. It may work. I personally
haven't tried this option.

You probably need to purchase a wireless router (unless your 2wire
homeportal already does this) and a wireless ethernet bridge. Route
the modem to the router. Use the ethernet bridge at the xbox. Some
routers can be used as bridges and may be a slighter cheaper option.

There is always the option to run ethernet cable.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 21, 2005 9:24:21 PM

"AE" <alan_estrada@axtel.net> wrote in

> Hi there.
>
> is there anyway I could use my Xbox live using a USB wireless
> belking reciever? my modem is 2 rooms away and there's no way
> I could directly plug the xbox directly to it.
>
> the modem is a 2wire homeportal
>
> if using the wireless conection is not possible, is there a
> way I could link my xbox with my PC in order to get the
> internet conection?
>
> Im using Windows XP
>
> Thanks in advance for the information

The USB receiver won't work since you can't load the drivers for
it on your Xbox.

An Ethernet Bridge / Wireless Game Adapter would work, and you'd
also have to get a wireless router if your 2wire isn't wireless
enabled already.

Another solution is maybe to move the 2wire. That's a DSL
modem, right? If you have a phone jack in the room with the
Xbox you could move the modem there and use a direct ethernet
connection then use the USB receiver on your computer.
!