Upgrading to AMD\ATI HD 6770.Need Suggestion.

rohitsuresh

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Hi,
Please give me suggestion to buy a new graphic card for playing games like GTA 4,NFS Hotpursuit,Just Cause 2, Assain creed etc MAY BE GTA 5:)

MY system Specs are

intel pentium dual core E2160 1.8GHZ
intel integrated graphic card 128mb
XTECH 400W powersupply
Monitor resolution 1400*900
2GB Ram
256GB harsdisk
Mercury Pi945GCM motherboard.IT has a PCI slot

MY budget is less than 150$.Currently i am considering to buy Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card.What should need to upgrade in order to buy this GPU and also give suggestion wheather this is good GPU for playing games at medium settings.My country is India.

That processor is holding your back, luckily it can be overclocked to around 2.8 Ghz if your motherboard allows, if not I wouldn't really spend money on it TBH

but if it does and you can get it to around 2.8 or higher then the highest I would go is a 6670 ... from what little information I gathered from the mobo manufacturer about that motherboard is it only has a pcie 2.0 @ 4x? not sure if this is correct but the wording was odd

Well, sure you could, but that processor would be holding the 6770 from its full potential. it would be cheaper and just as effective to get a 6670 with that processor.

When the game company talks about minimum system requirements they mean with everything on the lowest possible settings available.

Your CPU is a little weak, as already stated, and it may be a bottleneck for a HD 6770.
And that power supply looks like a generic one, which I wouldn't use to power in a HD 6770.
If you can spend more, I'd suggest you upgrade your CPU and PSU.
If you can't go for a better CPU, I'd suggest you get a better PSU for now, and stick with a Radeon HD 6670, like mouse24 said.

No, unless you don't mind playing games like Quake IV and call of duty 2.

To be blunt your cpu isn't that great, it will be a bit better if you can overclock it to say the 2.8GHz area.

its a 5 year old chip.

At that resolution, medium would be possible for a HD 6670. But not for all games.
You might have to play GTA IV at low and medium settings, at 720p or at 1024X768, since the game is very much CPU dependent.
NFS Hot Pursuit, you're likely to play it at medium to high at your native resolution.
Just Cause 2, I'd say perhaps at low-mid settings and at 720p.
Assassins' Creed (?), likely at mid-high at native resolution.

Take a second look at his cpu. heres a video of the same cpu @ 3.2ghz heavily overclocked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVtFaT2IqcU

Everything on pretty much lowest.

I've got a E7500 and a GTS450, yet the game doesn't seem to use 100% of my GPU. It does that only during the cut-scenes.
During the game, it uses just about 60-70%. Weird.
I play it at Medium/High too and at my native 1600X900. Slightly laggy when I move around.

I wouldn't advise anything above a 6670, why are you pushing the 6770 so hard? with the processor you have now you are likely to get the same performance of the 6670 just at a higher cost and power usage (since the processor will be holding back the card and your power supply might not be powerful enough in the first place)

Edit: checking the prices, it would infact be wise to grab a 6770 IF your power supply can handle it, we need the specs on the side of it (the voltages and amperages, etc)

Hehe I thought it was a bigger price increase then simply 15 bucks