purchase a 6230 or 6600 ??

Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.

Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?

Thanks Tim
10 answers Last reply
More about purchase 6230 6600

    6230 have EDGE, and 6600 doesn't

    "news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.
    >
    > Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?
    >
    > Thanks Tim

    Nokia 6230 have Radio and 6600 doesn't

    Of course 6600!!

    Better response & sync! & reliability
    I stromgly recomment it...
    I am 2 months user and very content!!

    Cheers,
    Gus

    -

    URL-> http://agent.csd.auth.gr/~cmavrom

    "news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.
    >
    > Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?
    >
    > Thanks Tim

    6600

    used one for 6 month's now, best phone ive seen.
    i like everything about it!

    THE BLACKPANTHER

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:46:07 +0200, "Darko Dipic" <Dandy@ri.hinet.hr>
    wrote:

    >Nokia 6230 have Radio and 6600 doesn't

    You can download one and put it on
    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

    10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

    http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

    ? ? ? G <borg@deadspam.com> wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:46:07 +0200, "Darko Dipic" <Dandy@ri.hinet.hr>
    > wrote:

    > >Nokia 6230 have Radio and 6600 doesn't
    > >

    > You can download one and put it on

    The 6600 is symbian based and thus it should have more applications then
    the 6230. I love being able to run AgileMessenger on my 3650 and not
    having to drag out my laptop just to IM.:) There does not appear to be
    any symbian-based EDGE handset yet, unless I'm blind which is entirely
    possable....:)

    Think of the screen size. The 6600 has a far bigger screen than the 6230.
    Sure the 6230 is one neat, small and smart phone - but its screen is far too
    small. From my standpoint the screen size and quality of it is of paramount
    importance.

    So the 6600 doesn't have a radio. No big deal. I never listened to my 8310
    radio when it I got it on release. You probably won't miss it. And you
    can't download a radio as far as I know. Radio would require hardware built
    into the phone not software, as someone pointed said in a previous post. If
    you haven't got the required circuitry in the phone no software will put a
    radio in it for you.

    Overall the 6600 is still a good phone but if you opt for it make sure you
    have the 4.9.1 firmware installed as it fixes a few probs and speeds the
    phone up somewhat. Good apps. Good games. Good pics. Still small enough
    to fit in jeans pocket.

    -Carl

    I have a Nokia 6600. I am unable to download my SMS messages from my phone
    to my PC. I am also unable to store it on my memory card.

    The PC Suite does not show a folder where my sms messages are stored. Do you
    know of a way to download sms messages onto the PC?

    I would really appreciate your help or anyone else's for that matter :)

    Regards,

    "Gus" <eeecore_@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Of course 6600!!
    >
    > Better response & sync! & reliability
    > I stromgly recomment it...
    > I am 2 months user and very content!!
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Gus

    > -
    >
    > URL-> http://agent.csd.auth.gr/~cmavrom
    >

    > "news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.
    > >
    > > Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?
    > >
    > > Thanks Tim

    It all depends on your preference.
    The two phones are quite different one from the other.
    They are also oriented to different targets of users.

    Personally speaking, I have the 6230 and like it very much. It's got
    everything I need and more. It is by far the best for me.
    I did not choose the 6600 mainly because it's much bigger and heavier, it
    has no stereo sound (and I'm not even sure of the quality of the mono
    headphone output), and it has no FM radio. I like Nokia phones, but if I
    ever had to choose a Symbian phone I would have rather opted for the Siemens
    SX1.
    Btw, having bought the 6230 I can also say that I don't miss Symbian at all.
    The only thing I regret of the 6230 is the 5-way navi key. Horrible. For the
    rest it is a perfect phone.

    Buy a 6600...I upgraded my 3650 on Saturday to a 6600 and it is great!

    White Ghost
    "news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.
    >
    > Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?
    >
    > Thanks Tim

Nokia Software