purchase a 6230 or 6600 ??

Last response: in Brands
May 28, 2004 12:51:41 AM

Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.

Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?

Thanks Tim

More about : purchase 6230 6600

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 12:51:42 AM

6230 have EDGE, and 6600 doesn't

"news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.
>
> Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?
>
> Thanks Tim

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 12:51:42 AM

Nokia 6230 have Radio and 6600 doesn't
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 28, 2004 12:51:42 AM

Of course 6600!!

Better response & sync! & reliability
I stromgly recomment it...
I am 2 months user and very content!!

Cheers,
Gus

-

URL-> http://agent.csd.auth.gr/~cmavrom

"news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.
>
> Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?
>
> Thanks Tim

May 28, 2004 12:51:42 AM

6600

used one for 6 month's now, best phone ive seen.
i like everything about it!

THE BLACKPANTHER
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 12:51:43 AM

On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:46:07 +0200, "Darko Dipic" <Dandy@ri.hinet.hr>
wrote:

>Nokia 6230 have Radio and 6600 doesn't

You can download one and put it on
--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 12:51:44 AM

? ? ? G <borg@deadspam.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:46:07 +0200, "Darko Dipic" <Dandy@ri.hinet.hr>
> wrote:

> >Nokia 6230 have Radio and 6600 doesn't
> >

> You can download one and put it on

The 6600 is symbian based and thus it should have more applications then
the 6230. I love being able to run AgileMessenger on my 3650 and not
having to drag out my laptop just to IM.:)  There does not appear to be
any symbian-based EDGE handset yet, unless I'm blind which is entirely
possable....:)
May 28, 2004 1:30:10 AM

Think of the screen size. The 6600 has a far bigger screen than the 6230.
Sure the 6230 is one neat, small and smart phone - but its screen is far too
small. From my standpoint the screen size and quality of it is of paramount
importance.

So the 6600 doesn't have a radio. No big deal. I never listened to my 8310
radio when it I got it on release. You probably won't miss it. And you
can't download a radio as far as I know. Radio would require hardware built
into the phone not software, as someone pointed said in a previous post. If
you haven't got the required circuitry in the phone no software will put a
radio in it for you.

Overall the 6600 is still a good phone but if you opt for it make sure you
have the 4.9.1 firmware installed as it fixes a few probs and speeds the
phone up somewhat. Good apps. Good games. Good pics. Still small enough
to fit in jeans pocket.

-Carl
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 2:49:11 AM

I have a Nokia 6600. I am unable to download my SMS messages from my phone
to my PC. I am also unable to store it on my memory card.

The PC Suite does not show a folder where my sms messages are stored. Do you
know of a way to download sms messages onto the PC?

I would really appreciate your help or anyone else's for that matter :)

Regards,

"Gus" <eeecore_@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Of course 6600!!
>
> Better response & sync! & reliability
> I stromgly recomment it...
> I am 2 months user and very content!!
>

> Cheers,
> Gus

> -
>
> URL-> http://agent.csd.auth.gr/~cmavrom
>

> "news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi I am trying to make my mind up between 6230 and 6600.
> >
> > Am told 6600 has better sync software. Any other help with choosing?
> >
> > Thanks Tim

May 31, 2004 6:53:16 PM

It all depends on your preference.
The two phones are quite different one from the other.
They are also oriented to different targets of users.

Personally speaking, I have the 6230 and like it very much. It's got
everything I need and more. It is by far the best for me.
I did not choose the 6600 mainly because it's much bigger and heavier, it
has no stereo sound (and I'm not even sure of the quality of the mono
headphone output), and it has no FM radio. I like Nokia phones, but if I
ever had to choose a Symbian phone I would have rather opted for the Siemens
SX1.
Btw, having bought the 6230 I can also say that I don't miss Symbian at all.
The only thing I regret of the 6230 is the 5-way navi key. Horrible. For the
rest it is a perfect phone.
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 5:20:26 AM

Buy a 6600...I upgraded my 3650 on Saturday to a 6600 and it is great!

White Ghost

!