Video hangs up LAN adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag_man653

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
For some time now I've been unable to play video clips. They start to play but then it stops. Next time I try to access any Website with IE8 it fails to connect. Windows Diagnostics usually fixes the problem by resetting LAN adapter.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I'm running Windows 7 on a Asus M2N-E board with an onboard LAN adapter.

If this is the wrong forum please direct me the right one.

TIA

Ed

jag_man653

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I downloaded the supposed driver update from NVIDIA installed it. However, it apparently doesn't install the network adapter driver. It says it installs only Graphics Driver, 3D Vision Controller Driver, & NVIDIA Update, whatever that is. If I use the Update function in Windows 7 Device manager Driver for the network adapter it says it's the latest available, even thought it's dated 2008. Any other ideas?

jag_man653

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Scout_03,

I wasn't able to understand the French well enough to make use of your link. Thanks anyway.

However, the good news is the problem seems to be solved. Windows had been pestering me to upgrage to IN9 for some time. I finally did, and now videos work, at least for now. My guess is the problem was due to an IE8 issue with Windows 7 Ultimate since I do not have any problems with two other computers on my home network still running IE8. The main difference is one is Vista and the other is Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks for your interest.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.