Solved

Core i7 3820 Overheating issues

Ok so, my core i7-3820 is getting too hot with my thermaltake water 2.0 pro and reaches temps ranging from 70 to 84 C at idle which i don't think is very good for the cpu. I took out the cpu and cleaned the thermal paste off it and reapplied a very thin layer where the engraved text on the cpu was just barely noticeable. i kept it back in and the cpu temp went upto 213 right off the bat in BIOS (probably a monitoring error). Turned off the comp waited an hour or so turned it back on and temp. was around 84. Any suggestions on what i should do? :(
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about core 3820 overheating issues
  1. ujrkingdom said:
    Ok so, my core i7-3820 is getting too hot with my thermaltake water 2.0 pro and reaches temps ranging from 70 to 84 C at idle which i don't think is very good for the cpu. I took out the cpu and cleaned the thermal paste off it and reapplied a very thin layer where the engraved text on the cpu was just barely noticeable. i kept it back in and the cpu temp went upto 213 right off the bat in BIOS (probably a monitoring error). Turned off the comp waited an hour or so turned it back on and temp. was around 84. Any suggestions on what i should do? :(

What are you using to read these temps? I would check to make sure the pump is working and the waterblock is fully seated.
  2. im using the bios and evga eleet utlity to read the temps
  3. Best answer
    Ok try one more, download HW Monitor and see what that says. As I said I would also make sure the exaust fan is working, the water block is seated right and make sure the pump is working.
  4. thanks, i figured out that the the actual liquid cooling system not the fans attached to the radiator wasn't getting power, now its running at 30 C, 3.6 ghz at idle :)
  5. Best answer selected by ujrkingdom.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7