Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Core i7 3820 Overheating issues

Last response: in CPUs
September 15, 2012 12:19:35 AM

Ok so, my core i7-3820 is getting too hot with my thermaltake water 2.0 pro and reaches temps ranging from 70 to 84 C at idle which i don't think is very good for the cpu. I took out the cpu and cleaned the thermal paste off it and reapplied a very thin layer where the engraved text on the cpu was just barely noticeable. i kept it back in and the cpu temp went upto 213 right off the bat in BIOS (probably a monitoring error). Turned off the comp waited an hour or so turned it back on and temp. was around 84. Any suggestions on what i should do? :( 
a c 152 à CPUs
September 15, 2012 12:43:22 AM

ujrkingdom said:
Ok so, my core i7-3820 is getting too hot with my thermaltake water 2.0 pro and reaches temps ranging from 70 to 84 C at idle which i don't think is very good for the cpu. I took out the cpu and cleaned the thermal paste off it and reapplied a very thin layer where the engraved text on the cpu was just barely noticeable. i kept it back in and the cpu temp went upto 213 right off the bat in BIOS (probably a monitoring error). Turned off the comp waited an hour or so turned it back on and temp. was around 84. Any suggestions on what i should do? :( 

What are you using to read these temps? I would check to make sure the pump is working and the waterblock is fully seated.
m
l
September 15, 2012 1:05:12 AM

im using the bios and evga eleet utlity to read the temps
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 152 à CPUs
September 15, 2012 1:19:43 AM

Ok try one more, download HW Monitor and see what that says. As I said I would also make sure the exaust fan is working, the water block is seated right and make sure the pump is working.
September 15, 2012 2:32:26 AM

thanks, i figured out that the the actual liquid cooling system not the fans attached to the radiator wasn't getting power, now its running at 30 C, 3.6 ghz at idle :) 
m
l
September 15, 2012 2:33:43 AM

Best answer selected by ujrkingdom.
m
l
!