NZXT Phantom Fans questions

JJ1217

Honorable
Hi guys, recently ordered this case, and I need to know how the fans work in this case.

Since there are a total of 7 fans, and only 5 fan controls, does this mean we have to plug in the other two fans into the Mobo/psu?

Also what fans are included. I would like to buy matching fans for the top compartment, which has space for two 200mm, and it comes with one. I was thinking this NZXT FS 200RB looked similar to the ones that come with it.

And for a CPU cooler, what would you guys recommend? I have an i5 3550 with stock heatsink, and even though it should be enough, its still FAR too loud idling, so loud that I can't actually hear my GPU over it, and I can hear it through my headphones when there is no sound. I was considering a Hyper 212 Evo, but people say its loud, and probably won't fix my problems.

Also, if I buy the side window, which gets rid of the 200mm side fan, will the other 120mm on the side still cool my GPU/Everything else or just my harddrives? Otherwise I'll have more air exhausting than going in.

FlutterGuy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Two of the fans are controlled as a pair - the two on top and the two on the bottom right of the side panel.

Included (with my Phantom, anyway) were 3 120mm fans and 1 200mm fan. I'd highly recommend buying another 200mm fan for the side panel, and maybe something for the front panel as well (120mm or 140mm)

FlutterGuy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Sorry for the double post

Don't bother with the side window, having the 200mm fan is a much better option. The other side fans only really cool the drive bays... the left hand one might get some air onto your GPU if you take the second drive cage out, but it wont be much. Being able to see the inside of your PC isn't worth the significant loss of airflow IMO