Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Are all these parts compatible?

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 24, 2012 10:56:52 AM

I want to make a gaming computer but im not sure if all these parts are compatible:??: 
These are the parts i want to use:
-Motherboard:Intel® Desktop Board DZ68BC
-Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-3770K
-Case:Antec Three Hundred Two
-HDD:Western Digital WD20EARX
-RAM:Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
-Graphics:ASUS ENGTX560 DCII/2DI/1GD5
-Power:o CZ ModXStream Pro 700W or 600W or 500W(plz recommend one)
-Optical driver:Sony Optiarc BD-5300S-0B
-Wifi:ASUS PCE-N15
-Windows7 proffessional

More about : parts compatible

May 24, 2012 11:36:28 AM

Caviar Green's make absolutely horrible system drives and are even worse for gaming. Swap that out for a Caviar Black and/or put in an SSD
May 24, 2012 11:41:20 AM

wmincube said:
I want to make a gaming computer but im not sure if all these parts are compatible:??: 
These are the parts i want to use:
-Motherboard:Intel® Desktop Board DZ68BC
-Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-3770K
-Case:Antec Three Hundred Two
-HDD:Western Digital WD20EARX
-RAM:Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
-Graphics:ASUS ENGTX560 DCII/2DI/1GD5
-Power:o CZ ModXStream Pro 700W or 600W or 500W(plz recommend one)
-Optical driver:Sony Optiarc BD-5300S-0B
-Wifi:ASUS PCE-N15
-Windows7 proffessional


Stay away from all Intel made motherboards, they are overpriced and not very flexible for overclockers. Get either Asus Z77 motherboard or Gigabyte Z77 motherboard instead of Z68. But is it compatible? Yes it is.
PSU - if you absolutely have to pick between the 3 listed, I would go with the 600W, however, Modstream PSU is not very high quality PSU. If possible, please use a different PSU, either OCZ ZX series or Corsair AX or Seasonic X PSU for better quality.
May 24, 2012 10:36:51 PM

Pinhedd said:
Caviar Green's make absolutely horrible system drives and are even worse for gaming. Swap that out for a Caviar Black and/or put in an SSD


I completely agree - it will be a massive bottleneck in your system - no matter what your uses are for it.

Quote:
Stay away from all Intel made motherboards, they are overpriced and not very flexible for overclockers. Get either Asus Z77 motherboard or Gigabyte Z77 motherboard instead of Z68. But is it compatible? Yes it is.


My experience with Intel boards is that yes they're very bland on features for overclockers, I will agree there. But if you're not going to overclock, they're very durable and last forever, I was using a D975 board for six years until I decided to retire it because it was becoming too slow for what I needed it to do.

Quote:
PSU - if you absolutely have to pick between the 3 listed, I would go with the 600W, however, Modstream PSU is not very high quality PSU. If possible, please use a different PSU, either OCZ ZX series or Corsair AX or Seasonic X PSU for better quality.


The Seasonic X are the best but they're also the most expensive.

Quote:
I want to make a gaming computer but im not sure if all these parts are compatible:??: 
These are the parts i want to use:
-Motherboard:Intel® Desktop Board DZ68BC
-Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-3770K
-Case:Antec Three Hundred Two
-HDD:Western Digital WD20EARX
-RAM:Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
-Graphics:ASUS ENGTX560 DCII/2DI/1GD5
-Power:o CZ ModXStream Pro 700W or 600W or 500W(plz recommend one)
-Optical driver:Sony Optiarc BD-5300S-0B
-Wifi:ASUS PCE-N15
-Windows7 proffessional


What's the overall budget here? If it's gaming the i7-3770K isn't needed - go with the i5-3570K and invest the difference in upgrading your GPU to the Radeon 7870 or even the GTX 670 if you can squeeze it into your budget. That will be the biggest improvement on any build.
!