Windows 7, SonicWall, remote shares

SilkBC

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hello,

I have been struggling with an issue. We have a Windows 7 PC behind a Linux IPTables firewall that is doing NAT.

The Windows 7 PC has the SonicWall VPN client on it and of course connects to a remote SonicWall VPN server.

the VPN connects just fine and I can ping the server on the other side, but I cannot map any shares on the Windows 7 PC.

If I connect with a Windows XP machine behind the same firewall, there are no problems.

I am fairly certainthe problem lies with the Windows 7 PC, but I have no idea what it might be. I have disabled the firewall, have no anti-virus products running; it is basically a fresh install and very clean.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
When you say you can't map and shares, are you saying the are all ready mapped they are just disconnected? Or are you trying to map a new path.
What do you use in the UNC path the servers name or servers ip address? I have had problems with my VPN when I can't use the name I have to use the iP address.

SilkBC

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Initially the share was mapped, but when my client clicked on it (VPN was connected), the PC would hang then finally just say it could not connect (the PC came from elsewhere and was apparently tested behind 3 or 4 different routers and on two different ISPs)

I have since removed the network share and attempted to re-map it via "NET USE", but I always get either system error 53 or system error 64.

Everything works fine when I try it from my Windows XP laptop (same cable, same network port)

I have tried hostname and IP address. Note that when the VPN is connected, the hostname of the sever the share is on can be pinged.

TRENDING THREADS