My download speed is fast but when i get to download somethin its slow

deano71

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hello,
my download speed is fast but when i come to download something its slow i used to get 1.3mb now i canjust get about 50-100kb

deano71

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Have you tried to power cycle all your network equipment?
Any one else on your network downloading stuff?
Have you tried multiple web sights, some sight will limit your download speed to there servers so there internet doesn't get hammered.
Try downloading with different web browsers, and if you have another computer try that as well.
If that doesn't work call up your ISP and ask them to do a test, they might have a failing switch or something in there line

For my speed test I like to download a torrent of Ubuntu, that has alot of peers to suck off from, that usually max out my internet speed. Steam is also a good one to do if you have an account download a demo or a free game.

teen23

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
You may be connected to the wrong network or someone else is on your network using all of your bandwidth , to make this situation as clear you need to talk to your ISP and also download reginout to sort out this issue.
After that check your internet speed test through this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ whether the download speed is high or not.............