Colored Background on desktop Icons

For some reason, the icons on my desktop have a colored background. How do I
get rid of it. I have already tried to use a default theme, and this problem
still occurs. Please help.

You need to access the PERFORMANCE settings on CONTROL PANEL.. place a check
mark beside 'use drop shadows for icons on the desktop'..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

"Meghan" <Meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, the icons on my desktop have a colored background. How
> do I
> get rid of it. I have already tried to use a default theme, and this
> problem
> still occurs. Please help.

I tried that and nothing changed. Thanks for your help.

"Mike Hall" wrote:

> You need to access the PERFORMANCE settings on CONTROL PANEL.. place a check
> mark beside 'use drop shadows for icons on the desktop'..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>

> "Meghan" <Meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For some reason, the icons on my desktop have a colored background. How
> > do I
> > get rid of it. I have already tried to use a default theme, and this
> > problem
> > still occurs. Please help.

Hi Meghan,

Checkpoints to consider:

1) Right click on desktop >> arrange icons by >> uncheck "Lock Web items on desktop"

2) Right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Settings under 'Performance' >> check
"Use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop".

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Meghan" <Meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, the icons on my desktop have a colored background. How do I
> get rid of it. I have already tried to use a default theme, and this problem
> still occurs. Please help.

right-click the desktop, point to Arrange Icons By and make sure that Lock Web Items
on Desktop is un-checked