Cat Hair in the Fan Coolers

I Have a CM Storm Enforcer , it has filters but the hair somehow get past through, there's hair rolled on the shaft of all the fans, how can I remove that safely? and if you have pets how do you manage to keep hair outside?

The fans are from a msi gtx580 twinfrozr ii, and 18, 20, 8cm cooler master ordinary fans.

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about hair coolers
  1. shave the cats, you'll be scarred for about 3 weeks, but it solves the problem.

If you have a really sharp blade (scalpel like) you could slice the hair, a craft knife might work. Are you liable to have positive air pressure or negative, if negative then it will sneak in via any gaps.
  2. 13thmonkey said:
    shave the cats, you'll be scarred for about 3 weeks, but it solves the problem.

If you have a really sharp blade (scalpel like) you could slice the hair, a craft knife might work. Are you liable to have positive air pressure or negative, if negative then it will sneak in via any gaps.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Coffee everywhere
  3. we've got 5, one of them has taken to sitting in front of my machine...
  4. As the monkey said, you probably have more exhaust capacity than intake and the negative pressure this create draws air/hair/dust in through every other crack and hole in the case, bypassing filters.
  5. shaving the cats is not an option, they got shaved once and no.

the case has all the fans it can, 1 big in front 1 big on top, and the small one at the back, but probably the hyper 212 12cm fan helps the dust and hair come inside, so i guess the solution will be to clean the front filter once every week ._.
  6. If you have both a rear exhaust fan for the CPU area and a top exhaust, I would ditch the top fan and tape the hole shut since it is the greatest contributor to the intake-exhaust imbalance that is drawing stuff in.
  7. you can create a felt computer case and put the desktop inside it so that only the back is open
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooling Fan Components