Sign in with
Your question

Cat Hair in the Fan Coolers

Last response: in Components
September 15, 2012 12:06:02 PM

I Have a CM Storm Enforcer , it has filters but the hair somehow get past through, there's hair rolled on the shaft of all the fans, how can I remove that safely? and if you have pets how do you manage to keep hair outside?

The fans are from a msi gtx580 twinfrozr ii, and 18, 20, 8cm cooler master ordinary fans.

Thanks!

More about : cat hair fan coolers

a b ) Power supply
September 15, 2012 1:00:22 PM

shave the cats, you'll be scarred for about 3 weeks, but it solves the problem.

If you have a really sharp blade (scalpel like) you could slice the hair, a craft knife might work. Are you liable to have positive air pressure or negative, if negative then it will sneak in via any gaps.
m
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
September 15, 2012 1:01:15 PM

13thmonkey said:
shave the cats, you'll be scarred for about 3 weeks, but it solves the problem.

If you have a really sharp blade (scalpel like) you could slice the hair, a craft knife might work. Are you liable to have positive air pressure or negative, if negative then it will sneak in via any gaps.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
Coffee everywhere
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
September 15, 2012 1:09:58 PM

we've got 5, one of them has taken to sitting in front of my machine...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 15, 2012 1:15:04 PM

As the monkey said, you probably have more exhaust capacity than intake and the negative pressure this create draws air/hair/dust in through every other crack and hole in the case, bypassing filters.
m
l
September 15, 2012 8:28:55 PM

shaving the cats is not an option, they got shaved once and no.

the case has all the fans it can, 1 big in front 1 big on top, and the small one at the back, but probably the hyper 212 12cm fan helps the dust and hair come inside, so i guess the solution will be to clean the front filter once every week ._.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 15, 2012 8:48:01 PM

If you have both a rear exhaust fan for the CPU area and a top exhaust, I would ditch the top fan and tape the hole shut since it is the greatest contributor to the intake-exhaust imbalance that is drawing stuff in.
m
l
September 15, 2012 9:00:22 PM

you can create a felt computer case and put the desktop inside it so that only the back is open
m
l
!