Which power supply is compatible

krazypunk1018

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hello everyone my name is Javier, I'm new to this but my father made me a computer using this motherboard
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M2N68AM_PLUS/#specifications

I also have a GeFore GT 440 video card.

My current power supply is an ATX 450w power supply and I want to upgrade it.

Does anyone know what specifications I should be looking for in a new power supply to fit with my motherboard and video card?

Or does anyone have any suggestions for a power supply that I need? I'm also on a budget so maybe under $90 or so.

Thank you for your time and anyone that helps.

CDdude55

Distinguished
Your system is a standard ATX system, so any ATX PSU should work fine with both your motherboard and video card.

Considering you're only using a GT 440, i assume that the rest of the system specs are around the same range(low end). I don't see a point in upgrading your PSU unless you're planning to upgrade to better hardware, if you just want to find a cheap PSU for less than $100 then i see no real reason to upgrade from your current PSU.

If you are in fact planning to upgrade, then i'd like to know the system specs of the supposed system in order to pick out a capable enough power supply.

krazypunk1018

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your reply, the reason I was asking about a PSU is cause i noticed this morning a weird smell coming from it, I couldn't tell it was a burning smell or not and it wasn't that hot either, more warm.

I just want to be on the safe side and thinking about upgrading it. Eventually yes I want to upgrade my computer but little by little for now.

My CPU is an AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core Processor 2.41 GHz

If you need any more info let me know, I'm pretty new to this so bare with me

Again thank you.