Sign in with
Your question

Amd fx6100 running hot

Last response: in CPUs
September 15, 2012 3:56:05 PM

Hi guys i have a question i have been monitoring my cpu temp lately because the fan will kick on random too 100 percent on and off trying to keep it cool. I have not overclocked anything and my cpu temps are running from 40-60c. I have also noticed activity on the cpu is weird like 4 of the processors work hard and 2 kind of sit low on activity. This is while i am playing WoW on mid range settings. I also have a gtx 550 ti which gets up to about 75c when i am playing does it matter that the bottom of the card which is generating a lot of heat really close to the cpu? Also is there a way to put a shield in between or anything i have got a new psu unit thinking power might have been a issue because i was getting random power shutdowns and bluescreens. The computer is only 8 months old hp h8 1210 only mods are the psu antec earthwatts 650 it was a thermaltake 600 but i replaced that and the video card other then that stock settins no overclocking at all are these temps normal considering what i have just said. Any input or feedback would be appreciated please i dont know too much about computers but seems like its running hot when fans keep kicking on and off to 100 percent

More about : amd fx6100 running hot

a b à CPUs
September 15, 2012 8:13:14 PM

60C is not really hot for your CPU, as its maximum operating temperature is 70C. The GPU going to 75C is also normal.

If you are feeling uncorfortable with CPU temps, then you can replace your CPU stock cooler with a $36.99 Hyper 212 EVO http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
September 15, 2012 9:51:45 PM

Ok yeah i know that they are operable temps just thought may be a little high and what would have cause the random power shutdowns and blue screen might have been the power supply only time will tell. The whole reason i brought this up actually is because and i know i failed to mention this earlier is i am getting the Display driver has stopped working and recovered when playing WoW.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 12:01:23 AM

yeap the psu might be the shutdowns issues cause.

The gtx 550 ti is a mid-range level gpu, quite weak really -- try update the gpu drives from the manufacturer website -- uninstall the old drives, and clean registry before installing the new ones.

m
l
September 16, 2012 3:23:33 AM

Yea i know its not the best card out there but i was under the impression it should be plenty for WoW. I have used driver fusion to wipe the drivers and reinstall latest driver. The card itself has plenty of power for WoW i get great fps like i said my only concern was temp and the driver stopped working and has recovered issue.
m
l
September 16, 2012 12:45:52 PM

Yeah that is the driver i have installed.I have run across threads leading me to believe it might be tdr which is a feature win7 has and Microsoft has a page about so tried it so far and waiting to see if it does it again been about 10 hours of usuage with no driver errors. Crossing my fingers hoping that this is the problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946
m
l
!