Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is there a way to install a separate water cooler for a video card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 23, 2012 7:17:22 PM

I have a Corsair H100 liquid cooling for my CPU, but I also want some liquid cooler for my 7970. There are no addons or mods for H100 to make it cool a video card, so I am thinking, if there is a way to install a separate water cooler for a GPU. Is it possible?

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 24, 2012 2:53:57 AM

Of course there is!

You would look for the proper water cooling block for your GPU (frozencpu.com is a good place to at least get an idea of what you need). After that, you'll need a water pump, water tank, tubing, and fittings.

If you're looking for a nice simple all in one solution like you have for your CPU, Asetek sells some but they're only for the high end Nvidia 5xx series cards. As far as I know, they don't have anything for any AMD cards.

Sorry!
March 24, 2012 3:00:35 AM

borisof007 said:
Of course there is!

You would look for the proper water cooling block for your GPU (frozencpu.com is a good place to at least get an idea of what you need). After that, you'll need a water pump, water tank, tubing, and fittings.

If you're looking for a nice simple all in one solution like you have for your CPU, Asetek sells some but they're only for the high end Nvidia 5xx series cards. As far as I know, they don't have anything for any AMD cards.

Sorry!

Thank you for info!

But I thought that normally I'd have to connect the pump to the processor, right? Where could I install it if my CPU is already taken by H100?

Oh nvm, I think I start getting the idea:)  Now just need to get a right size fittings and radiator.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 24, 2012 3:07:03 AM

Heh, that's your problem! If you don't have room in the case, you're out of luck (unless you dremel out a hole on the side and have the pump running somewhere outside.)

You CAN have two separate water cooling loops in your system you know. Each one has its own pump with its own radiator with fans, tubing, cooling blocks, etc.

If this sounds scary, don't be scared. I suggest you do a LOT of reading in our water cooling section of the Overclocking forums. It sounds a lot harder than it really is.
m
l
March 24, 2012 3:16:58 AM

borisof007 said:
Heh, that's your problem! If you don't have room in the case, you're out of luck (unless you dremel out a hole on the side and have the pump running somewhere outside.)

You CAN have two separate water cooling loops in your system you know. Each one has its own pump with its own radiator with fans, tubing, cooling blocks, etc.

If this sounds scary, don't be scared. I suggest you do a LOT of reading in our water cooling section of the Overclocking forums. It sounds a lot harder than it really is.

What a website! They even got a 5.25" bay reservoir/pump combo!:) )

Thanks again.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 24, 2012 3:24:25 AM

NP, good luck and be safe!
m
l
March 24, 2012 4:09:50 AM

Best answer selected by Veirtimid.
m
l