dtdmike

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Ok this is a long story so get ready to read. Ok when I woke up this morning, I noticed that my PC had shutdown on it's own. So when I went to turn it on, I noticed that the loud as hell fan on my 4850 started then stopped. After giving in to the fact that my fan had stopped I got a new cooler, one with no fan. After I installed it I noticed that the D1602 light was constantly on. After further inspection I noticed a missing screw I put the screw in place and the light is no longer staying on. BUT When I turn on my pc with the graphics card in the slot nothing loads up not even the bios, the two lights on the card flash as they should but nothing else.

Things I have tryed:

Reconfiguring the BIOS (Selecting he pci-e slot as video)

CMOS Batter reset

Plugging the vga cable into the onboard jack. (Only worked with the card removed)

My 6 pin power is connected (But when it's not the MB beeps signifying that it knows when the gpu power is unplugged)

Cleaning the pci-e slot

Plugging the vga cable into the both of the ports on the card

What I'm wondering:

I'm speculating that it maybe because there's no fan connected the cards 12v fan slot, would that cause the problem?

I'm thinking about doing the baking method to se if it works what do you guys think?

DM186

Splendid
Don't do that the baking thing. :non: Why don't you have a fan? The cooler you got has no fan? is it just a heat sink? I think your card bit the big one. :cry: What is your PC's spec's?

The only way you are going to be able to test your GPU is try it in another PC. If you know somebody you could also try putting another card in yours to make sure that your rig is ok.

But from what you have stated and I will bet you are a gamer and you have pushed your GPU to the moon and back. :ouch: No I think it is gone to the gamers GPU grave yard. :eek: Just my opinion

dtdmike

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

Well, if by pushing it you mean playing mw3 with max setting and 2x aa on a 24" monitor at native resolution :D then yeah. But I actually kept the card a little underclocked at 750/500 because my psu was a little powerful than needed, and that kept it stable.

Specs:
CPU: Q6600 2.4Ghz
RAM: 4gb DDR2
HDD: 1TB WD Caviar
GPU(Was): Visiontek Radeon HD 4850 512mb DDR3

For anyone who might wonder as stated above, I am able to play current games with High to Medium-High settings with no
fps lag, I dont use an fps counter so I don't know exactly what kinds of fps I get but I can definitely tell when the fps is under 30 with my own eyes.

DM186

Splendid
Those are some good stats on your game and to do it with an older rig. But I still think your GPU is out of pep. So can you or are you able to check your card in another rig?

Also looking at all the things you have tried, you should find some way to check your GPU and also check your PCIe slot. If you can do both it will rule out your MOBO and your GPU.

Then we look at other stuff to see why you don't have a singal to the monitor. Have you tried taking out your card, then hooking your monitor up to the on board graphic?.

That way you can check your event viewer. It can show you if you had a problem or something to go on. Anyway get back to us with some answers and we can go from there.

dtdmike

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Yeah I tried it with the onboard as stated in the original post, I've givin up on the card I tried it in my friends pc and his would just flash off so I'm calling it dead probably gonna just get a slightly better 1gb ddr3 one seeing as how I don't work and am short on money lol. For the price this card is the only one I can trust to give such impressive performance. (I paid $60 for my Visiontek 512mb 4850, & now I'm going to pay $50 for a better one lol.)