Sign in with
Your question

How is my build? + N00B Questions

Last response: in Systems
May 24, 2012 8:00:03 PM

Hi guys, I configured a build through IBUYPOWER(don't tell me to use some other company or build my one, i would use cyberpower but they dont have the case i want), and here's what it is. Btw, heres what I want in the system. Im going to probably overclock it, and my budget is 1000-1200. I'm going to mainly use it for gaming. Read until the end of post. I really appreciate responses and suggestions.

Computer:
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Gaming Case
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling: Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) w/ ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)-The reason im getting liquid cooling is for 2 things. 1, Im going to end up overclocking my computer. 2, It's not going to be stored in an area with very good ventilation(in a spot inside my desk, with only a little opening for air, unless I find a better place to store it.
Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module(Corsair Vengeance)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0
Power Supply: 800 Watt- Standard
Primary Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Sound Card: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

QUESTIONS(I KNOW THERE N00B QUESTIONS): Will my motherboard support the graphic card I choose? If I choose the ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow), will it get rid of the liquid cooling?(I don't want that to happen) Did I choose the right memory type? I saw 1600,1333,and 1866. Is my power supply good? And, should I upgrade the Sound or Network Card? Last question, should I get 2GB of Graphic Card? It's 50 dollars more.

A HUGE THANKS GOES TO THE PEOPLE WHO RESPOND!!! :D 

More about : build n00b questions

May 24, 2012 8:23:09 PM

1.If you configured it on the IBUY website then it should all be compatible, it would tell you if it wasn't.
2. I am not experienced enough in liquid cooling to comment.
3. Your memory is good. You are not going to see much if any of a real world difference between 1333vs1600.
4. is Standard the brand of PSU? With power supplies go with a quality brand - Antec, Sea Sonic, Corsair.
5. Maybe a sound card if top quality sound is very important to you. I wouldnt get the network card.
6. 2G depends on what you are playing, resolution, and if you are using multi monitor setup. What is your monitor setup going to be?
Related resources
May 24, 2012 9:50:36 PM

Im going to be playing Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, Halo 2, Skyrim,CoD, and like Portal 2 and stuff. I don't think I will be playing Bf3, but I may change my mind. I just want really good fps and I want to play with high/max resolutions on those games.
May 24, 2012 9:51:23 PM

Refer to my post.
May 24, 2012 10:15:37 PM

azeem i would normally agree with you but OP said they didnt want to build it themselves .
May 24, 2012 10:26:35 PM

It's called having a computer store build it for $50.
May 24, 2012 11:27:00 PM

azeem40 said:
Refer to my post.

can you provide a link to your post?
!