Some questions about temps and cooling

Ankh16

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hey, so the tomshardware forum helped me get my first pc built and put together and its running nice, I'm just a little curious about the temps I'm reaching with my cpu and gpu, and if adding a fan or something might help (if it's necessary). I hope this is the right sections, I wasn't really sure where to place it.

So my rig is as follows:

CPU: i5-2500k
MOBO: Gigabyte z68x-ud4-b3
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4gb 1866
GPU: Sapphire 7850 OC edition
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320gb
PSU: Antec 550w
CD/DVD:Asus cd/dvd-r E-GREEN
Case: I'm not sure what type of case I have
Fan: I currently only have one exhaust fan at the upper rear I think it's specs are as follows:
Globe
1,200 RPM
45.2CFM
22.3 dBA
0.26A at 12V
Everything is stock, no OCing.

So I finally got it all up and running, installed windows 7 and my antivirus/firewall stuff, I also downloaded coretemp and GPU-Z to check my temps, I installed SW:TOR and played for about and hour and a half, looking at coretemp and GPU-Z it looks like while I was playing my GPU hit 60*C (I believe it was running at 100% load) and my CPU hit 60*C as well (might have been 61 can't remember now).

Just wondering first off if this was ok/normal temperatures?
Second would adding a lower front intake fan like this Scythe KAMA Flow-2 (http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX26950) reduce temps?
Third should I consider a better exhaust fan?
Finally should I be monitoring any other temps in my PC or using different monitoring tools?

I think that's all I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this over, I may have a few other questions if I think of them.

You should most defietly be adding fans to your case and more than just one if you can. The lower front is good and a side panel would also help and then one at the inside top of the case so that you have two in and two out. It would help if you posted the brand and model of the case.