Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard making beeping noises when CPU fan drops under 1000 RPM

Last response: in Components
September 15, 2012 8:55:57 PM

So hey everyone , just having a problem here , running a Foxxcon H61MXV mobo with a CM V8 cooler which i replaced the stock fan with a Xigmatek , going all nice and smoothly , got it on smart-fan setting , scaling the RPM with the heat of the CPU , but when the RPM drops under 1000 the mobo makes a beeping noise like a bloody fire alarm!
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 9:16:22 PM

There should be a setting in the BIOS where you can turn that off.

The PC is worried about your CPU melting, but if you are quite sure it won't then you can change it.

I don't remember off the top of my head the name of it on that specific board, but there should be something about idle RPMs in there.
September 15, 2012 9:17:45 PM

i mean yeah , im getting like 37 on iddle , 47-50 TOPS under load , as far as im concerned these are good temps , right?^^
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 9:23:42 PM

50c at load is fine for any processor out there.

At max usage mine goes north of 60c.
September 16, 2012 9:20:40 AM

I dont seem to be able to find said setting on the bions :S
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2012 9:36:10 AM

It's on the Health tab: CPU Smart Fan Control or CPU Warning Temperature. Manual doesn't list the option there, but if it's unclear come back and ask.
September 16, 2012 9:53:41 AM

Yeah mate , the thing is , i have found both the cpu temp option and the smart fan , what i need is , to set the mobo so it wont alert me with a god awfull beeping noise when the RPM drops under 1000
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2012 7:31:00 PM

Did you change those options to something else and see if it will make the beeping stop?
September 17, 2012 11:03:39 AM

yes i did , nothing will make the beeping stop im afraid :c
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2012 2:36:27 PM

You could take out the internal speaker, if you are sure there are no potential catastrophic operational problems.
September 18, 2012 5:25:36 PM

any idea where the internal speaker is? mounted on mobo?
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2012 6:36:40 PM

It is probably either mounted on the front of the case with wires that lead back to the motherboard. It would connect to the bottom of it, probably towards the middle.

Or sometimes there is the same place on the motherboard just has a tiny little speaker hanging off of it that doesn't connect to the case anywhere.

It should be in the manual that comes with the motherboard where this would be connected and how to disable it. You can download the manual online most likely if you don't still have it.
!