Kerboard Input not Received

G

Fortunately, the PC is receiving input from the PC, for now... But there have been several times in the last several weeks when the keyboard appears to just die. It takes a re-boot for the PC to recognize it again. At first I swapped with a (known) good keyboard, but the symptons persisted. I've checked the connector and there's no bent pins, and the socket seems sturdy enough... The machine is a 3 year old PII 300 MMX, primary OS is Win 98 on C: with Win XP on D:, The OS is selectable at boot-up. It's a standard PS2 mouse.

Yes, I think the symptons appeared after installing the XP beta, but as indicated, it's on it's own HD. Is this the excuse I've been waiting for to get a newer machine or XP the culprit ? My gut tells me XP, but common sense says it just a coincidence...

Thanks,

David...

dhlucke

Polypheme
I've had that problem a lot with a cheap keyboard. Very rarely on a good keyboard. Don't ever buy a compUSA keyboard. It fails a lot, and sometimes it just decides to randomly set my keys. Sometimes it won't allow me to use certain ones. Sometimes the capslock can't be used. Sometimes it just has a mind of it's own.

Everything is random with a crap keyboard.

Can't really give you any good advice other than to buy a good quality keyboard. Sometimes a good kick will help...

<font color=red>We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it. - Eisenhower</font color=red>

G

Throw in some more memory and then see what happens, Sorry but if we are going on gut hunches;)

TRENDING THREADS