6310i with TDK Bluetooth crisis

Last response: in Brands
May 27, 2004 7:53:40 PM

Being the luddite that I am, I am having a bit of a problem getting
Nokia PC Suite v4.81 working with TDK Bluetooth software v1.4.2 build
18 to connect my Nokia 6310i.

I can connect to the phone with the TDK mobile software, and download
the numbers from it, but the Nokia PCS seems to be unable to find the
phone.

Phone is on T-mobile, FW v5.51 from 08-07-03

Any suggestions, help, idiots guides out there.

Cheers

May 28, 2004 12:13:46 AM

On Thu, 27 May 2004 15:53:40 +0100, Detrious
<DetriousalphaREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Being the luddite that I am, I am having a bit of a problem getting
>Nokia PC Suite v4.81 working with TDK Bluetooth software v1.4.2 build
>18 to connect my Nokia 6310i.
>
>I can connect to the phone with the TDK mobile software, and download
>the numbers from it, but the Nokia PCS seems to be unable to find the
>phone.
>
>Phone is on T-mobile, FW v5.51 from 08-07-03
>
>Any suggestions, help, idiots guides out there.
>
>Cheers

You need to download PC Suite 4.88 or later.

HTH

Alan
Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 2:08:38 AM

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:13:46 GMT,
alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk wrote:

>You need to download PC Suite 4.88 or later.
>
>HTH
>

>Alan
>Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

Thanks for that, google here I come :-)

May 29, 2004 3:12:20 AM

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:13:46 GMT,
alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk wrote:

>You need to download PC Suite 4.88 or later.
>
>HTH
>

>Alan
>Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

Working lovely now, thanks again for your help :-)

June 4, 2004 9:43:32 AM

Detrious <DetriousalphaREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<orvbb01rbfkii54l9b3ppa0cqo2tsldsfv@4ax.com>...
> Being the luddite that I am, I am having a bit of a problem getting
> Nokia PC Suite v4.81 working with TDK Bluetooth software v1.4.2 build
> 18 to connect my Nokia 6310i.
>
> I can connect to the phone with the TDK mobile software, and download
> the numbers from it, but the Nokia PCS seems to be unable to find the
> phone.
>
> Phone is on T-mobile, FW v5.51 from 08-07-03
>
> Any suggestions, help, idiots guides out there.

We can recommend to use Oxygen Phone Manager II instead. It is the
most convenient program for your phone's data management at present.
You can view the screenshots of our program and download the trial
version from our official website: http://www.opm-2.com/.

Connection procedure is also very simple:

1) Download our program
2) Install it on your PC
3) Run Oxygen Phone Manager II
4) Go in 'My computer' -> 'Control panel' -> 'Bluetooth configuration'
-> 'Client applications' -> 'Bluetooth serial port' -> 'Properties' -
remember this value. Don't change it, just rememember.
5) Set COM port's value from (4) in 'Tools' -> 'Options' ->
'Connection and common' -> 'Connection' -> 'Add port' in our program
and set connection type as 'Bluetooth serial port'.
6) On your Windows desktop open 'My bluetooth places' folder and
select 'Discover bluetooth devices' or 'Explore bluetooth
neighbourhood' (option name depends on driver version). After you have
found corresponding bluetooth device (your phone) left-click twice on
it and select service, named 'Nokia PC Suite' (and not 'Bluetooth
serial port COM1' or 'Bluetooth serial port COM0').
7) This will pick up the phone in our program and you will be able to
manager its data.

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 6:25:00 PM

> We can recommend to use Oxygen Phone Manager II instead. It is the
> most convenient program for your phone's data management at present.

Can you not read? They said 'Working lovely now, thanks again for your
help :-)' with FREE Pc Suite. STOP SPAMMING the newsgroup- you have
written 20 near identical replies to 20 threads. We don't mind you
writing a couple, but 20, including posts from over a week ago, is a
bit much!!
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 3:33:23 PM

where do I find PC Suite 4.88
wayne
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:13:46 GMT,
> alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk wrote:

> >You need to download PC Suite 4.88 or later.
> >
> >HTH
> >

> >Alan
> >Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
>
> Working lovely now, thanks again for your help :-)

June 5, 2004 4:46:49 PM

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 11:33:23 GMT, "Wayne S Buxton"
<bhcarp@bigpond.com> wrote:

>where do I find PC Suite 4.88
>wayne

If you have a look at http://www.nokia.com/cda1/0,1080,1219,00.html
and choose you language.
For windows XP it comes in at just over 25 meg

June 6, 2004 5:07:30 PM

>where do I find PC Suite 4.88

He said - "or later".

Go to the Nokia Web Site and download version 6.01 (I think it is .01) which is
the latest.

I have used it with both the IRDA and the cable connection and it works great.
When installed it creates a folde ron your computer that you can duplicate all
the folders on the phone in. When the phone is connected, it appears to your
computer as a network type connection. You can literally drag and drop pictures
etc.....

Works great so far on both my 6200 and 6820.

--
John S.