Your question

Diamond HD 6670 Crashing

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Diamond
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 24, 2012 3:16:41 AM

So, I finally bought myself a nice computer to play FSX on, put a new Diamond HD 6670 video card in and it keeps crashing. I will randomly get the BSOD and when playing FSX it will crash about 10 minutes in and display a "Display driver has crashed and automatically recovered", but it wont let me get back into FSX without closing and restarting. The drivers are recent (Catalyst 12.3). I have tried disabling AMD Overdrive and this has no change. The system is a Dell Inspiron 620 with the below specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 620
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A04, 11/21/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB PC12800
Diamond 6670PE32G Video Card - 2GB
OCZ ModXStream 600w PSU

Please Help!!!!

More about : diamond 6670 crashing

May 19, 2012 8:41:59 PM

bowtietr83 said:
So, I finally bought myself a nice computer to play FSX on, put a new Diamond HD 6670 video card in and it keeps crashing. I will randomly get the BSOD and when playing FSX it will crash about 10 minutes in and display a "Display driver has crashed and automatically recovered", but it wont let me get back into FSX without closing and restarting. The drivers are recent (Catalyst 12.3). I have tried disabling AMD Overdrive and this has no change. The system is a Dell Inspiron 620 with the below specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 620
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A04, 11/21/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB PC12800
Diamond 6670PE32G Video Card - 2GB
OCZ ModXStream 600w PSU

Please Help!!!!

I really wish someone would answer this because i'm having similar issues. I've only got BSOD once, but the drivers constantly fail when i'm playing things like Diablo 3 and League of Legends.

I've already flashed my BIOS, updated all of my drivers, disabled any hardware i'm not using (like my video capture card) and i'm still having no luck whatsoever with this card. It's a brand new card, I know I didn't short it while installing. I'm worried it's not getting enough power but when I stress test everything at the same time the PC never crashes and neither does the driver. It's driving me absolutely mental.
m
l
May 30, 2012 10:32:22 PM

We have exactly the same issues differences:
We run 680w psu
4.1 GHz psu
16gb ram

Really starting to think we all got sold a lemon...
We have wiped and redone all the updates about 4x now.
We get BSOD at least once a day.

Funny thing is he plays Star wars and it is fine we go to play a simple MMO game that you can run with on boards on any other computer and it wigs out. It also does it occasionally well doing other things but thats rare.
m
l
June 4, 2012 11:49:23 AM

Hi agravelyn,
My name is Rajesh and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.Based on your post it looks like a corrupt video drivers issue.
Try to uninstall the video drivers using a tool called driver sweeper http://bit.ly/N9u7A0 in safe mode with networking and then install the drivers in normal mode from the videocard manufacturers website.

Regards
Dell-Rajesh S.
m
l
June 4, 2012 2:26:49 PM

Done that about 5x now. We have literally have been through every procedure we can do. Went through the entire trouble shooting page at amd and then again on windows 7 help. Still same issues. There are 100's of people complaining about the same exact thing with this video card.

Thank you though...
m
l
June 4, 2012 10:56:45 PM

I am getting the same issue with my new build. Have a Sapphire 6970. I even took this back to the shop that built it for me and they have no idea what to do. Only suggestion I have heard so far is to wait for the new 12.5 drivers.
m
l
June 6, 2012 12:33:06 PM

Hi agravelyn/krayziecmb,
Kindly email me the service tag so that I can check on your warranty status.You can find my email in my profile.

Regards
Dell-Rajesh S.
m
l
June 6, 2012 6:47:29 PM

I'm sorry but you have been mistaken I do not have a dell. Only similar issues with the video card and I do not believe that krayziecmb does either as he says "with my new build".
m
l
!